Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: D. Bowe suspended

Default D. Bowe suspended

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs’ Bowe suspended four games by NFL «

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has been suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league policy on performance enhancing substances. The suspension begins immediately.

The Chiefs later confirmed the suspension through a statement, saying they would have no comment.

Wow, that really sucks. I really do think Bowe's story is legit, but that's all speculation. I'm very sad to see him gone for the next 4 games.

I didn't even know weight loss drugs weren't allowed. Sounds like a mistake that anyone could have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We arent fighting, Hillbilly and I are great friends from waaay back. We just like to argue!!

Can't we all just get along???

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Wow, that really sucks. I really do think Bowe's story is legit, but that's all speculation. I'm very sad to see him gone for the next 4 games.

I didn't even know weight loss drugs weren't allowed. Sounds like a mistake that anyone could have made.
    I agree.

From the sounds of it, they are not allowed because they can be used to mask the presence of other, more serious things.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    From the sounds of it, they are not allowed because they can be used to mask the presence of other, more serious things.
    ...Like steroids?

It's not a mistake that Bowe should have made.
    How many times have we not heard about the Williamses from Minnesota or Deuce McAllister from New Orleans?

Its not like it hasn't been in the media lately..

Im glad it probably isn't steroids, but he still hurt his team and broke the rules..

What a shame.. We really need him, lets hope someone see's this as their time to shine.. Let's get Wade back in there..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    How can it be Haley's fault for making him lose weight??
    Pardon me but that is just too far out.. Even for the Haley haters in here.
    Well, I don't agree that this can be Haley's "fault".

But if I were in his place, of having been so loud in my efforts to make the team lose weight, while benching and releasing players who I didn't get along with, then I would possibly hold myself partially responsible for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Your bias is showing again!! Again, if it is someone YOU like, then it's just a simple mistake and he is taking it like a man yet if it is someone you don't like for whatever reason, LJ or anyone else, you take full advantage of bashing them. Yes, I said LOSER. I would have said it about anyone! You may have noticed that as time went on, my posts in favor of LJ stopped because at some point, I just thought he was being an *** to be an *** so again, I agreed with the release. If your dumb enough to put something in your body before having the league check all substances with in said product....your an IDIOT!!!! Remember, diuretics are also used sometimes as a masking agent! Not saying this is what Bowe was trying to do but it has been done. The league has a system that allows players and teams to submit any and all medications, over the counter or prescribed to be tested for banned substances. Bowe chose not to do it and now he has hurt his team with a 4 game suspension. Regardless of the reason, Bowe has affected his team, teammates, organization and the fans therefore if you are going to crucify one guy for hurting his team with a suspension for whatever reason, you can only see how it would be fair to do the same for another right???????
    Just out of curiosity, considering the vast number of opportunities for you to have done so, could you maybe point me in the right direction to find where you had that same reaction... "LOSER!!!" to Larry Johnson?

The act of eventually giving up on defending one guys mistakes, while reacting like this to another, on their first mistake, is hardly what most would call unbiased.

As for the Diuretic...

This could be a case of a guy trying to lose weight, that even Todd Haley's severe workout assignment couldn't get him to lose.

However, it could just as easily be a case of someone knowing that they had a drug test to pass, that they couldn't. And tried something that would help cover a poor decision.

In which case, the likelihood is that he knew that the chemical he was using would be found in a drug test. Therefore, if he was in fact covering some other drug usage, this would cast the shadow of doubt that we are discusssing. Better than being named as a known steroid user, or whatever.

But that also kinda depends upon who he saught advice from, for covering drug use.

And...

If he was covering up some other drug use, there is no way to know what type of drug it may have been.

I would actually lean toward the possibilty of his having used this to 'mask' a recreational drug, more than steroids.

And my second tendancy would be to believe that he was using it as a way to try and lose weight that he shouldn't have been able to lose.

In the case of the latter, he may actually have not known that what he was taking had any banned subdtances in it.

If he was hiding that usage from the HC, then it might be wise to hide it from the rest of the staff too. Including any medical personell.

With most steroids...

If he were taking them, then he probably would have hurt Todd Haley by now, with all of the "in your face" stuff that Haley has put him through.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, I don't agree that this can be Haley's "fault".

But if I were in his place, of having been so loud in my efforts to make the team lose weight, while benching and releasing players who I didn't get along with, then I would possibly hold myself partially responsible for this.

Just out of curiosity, considering the vast number of opportunities for you to have done so, could you maybe point me in the right direction to find where you had that same reaction... "LOSER!!!" to Larry Johnson?

The act of eventually giving up on defending one guys mistakes, while reacting like this to another, on their first mistake, is hardly what most would call unbiased.

As for the Diuretic...

This could be a case of a guy trying to lose weight, that even Todd Haley's severe workout assignment couldn't get him to lose.

However, it could just as easily be a case of someone knowing that they had a drug test to pass, that they couldn't. And tried something that would help cover a poor decision.

In which case, the likelihood is that he knew that the chemical he was using would be found in a drug test. Therefore, if he was in fact covering some other drug usage, this would cast the shadow of doubt that we are discusssing. Better than being named as a known steroid user, or whatever.

But that also kinda depends upon who he saught advice from, for covering drug use.

And...

If he was covering up some other drug use, there is no way to know what type of drug it may have been.

I would actually lean toward the possibilty of his having used this to 'mask' a recreational drug, more than steroids.

And my second tendancy would be to believe that he was using it as a way to try and lose weight that he shouldn't have been able to lose.

In the case of the latter, he may actually have not known that what he was taking had any banned subdtances in it.

If he was hiding that usage from the HC, then it might be wise to hide it from the rest of the staff too. Including any medical personell.

With most steroids...

If he were taking them, then he probably would have hurt Todd Haley by now, with all of the "in your face" stuff that Haley has put him through.
    Never claimed to be unbiased about LJ soooo I just chose to not talk about him any longer since my feeling about him had changed.

The worst thing about this who incedent is it is probably distracting to the team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Can't we all just get along???
    NO old man!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast