Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With Vrabel out this week...

Default With Vrabel out this week...

I think it would be awesome if Studebaker steps up and has a big game. That position is up for grabs long-term and Studebaker is a really athletic guy who had a lot of success sacking the QB in college, though at a small school.

Our pass rush has been better than last year, but is still very poor. If we could be more productive in that area, we could get the defense off the field on all these 3rd and longs where we keep allowing opposing offenses to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    DJ is every bit as big as Vrabel and did sub in for Studebaker and got pressure on Ben and Batch.

Great game for Studebacker... He made a bigger impact in one game than Vrable has all year.
    I wouldn't say that. Vrabel has been the leader of this defense since kickoff opening day.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Vrabel has been the leader of this defense since kickoff opening day.
    Being a leader of a 31st ranked losing defense isn't as big of an impact of as making two clutch plays that helped rejuvenate this defense not once but twice when things were looikng bad This team won probably the biggest game in three years. His plays sparked the whole team to play better.

I love Mike Vrable and feel sorry for him being on this team. Fact of the matter. The best leadership a person can give, is by performing at a level you want matched or exceeded. I did like seeing Mike Vrable right next to Haley all game. I am sure he was still providing that leadership, but the performance Studebacker presented gave the Chiefs, hope, confidence and fire. That team played with a whole lot of heart yesterday. That would have never happened without StuD...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    DJ is every bit as big as Vrabel and did sub in for Studebaker and got pressure on Ben and Batch.

Great game for Studebacker... He made a bigger impact in one game than Vrable has all year.
    No. Vrabel is a former defensive end and is listed as 6'4" 261 lbs.

Besides, they play different positions. ILB is very different than OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Pierre Walters was the one subbing in for Studebaker.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    No. Vrabel is a former defensive end and is listed as 6'4" 261 lbs.

Besides, they play different positions. ILB is very different than OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Pierre Walters was the one subbing in for Studebaker.
    And did pretty well also.
    I like DJ a lot and he did play well most of the time. But he did show why he isn't starting when he blew the coverage on the Mendenhal TD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12