Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90

Thread: Who will win the Super Bowl?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    163
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Who will win the Super Bowl?


    0 Not allowed!
    I know that we are all optimistic about the Chiefs season, but I thought I would start a topic about which teams have the best chance of making the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. Here are the latest lines in Vegas for the 2007 Super Bowl Champion:

    Arizona Cardinals 30-1
    Atlanta Falcons 30-1
    Baltimore Ravens 20-1
    Buffalo Bills 100-1
    Carolina Panthers 12-1
    Chicago Bears 16-1
    Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
    Cleveland Browns 90-1
    Dallas Cowboys 10-1
    Denver Broncos 12-1
    Detroit Lions 40-1
    Green Bay Packers 50-1
    Houston Texans 100-1
    Indianapolis Colts 6-1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 30-1
    Kansas City Chiefs 20-1
    Miami Dolphins 20-1
    Minnesota Vikings 30-1
    New England Patriots 8-1
    New Orleans Saints 85-1
    New York Giants 16-1
    New York Jets 90-1
    Oakland Raiders 90-1
    Philadelphia Eagles 20-1
    Pittsburgh Steelers 10-1
    San Diego Chargers 18-1
    San Francisco 49ers 190-1
    Seattle Seahawks 10-1
    St Louis Rams 60-1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-1
    Tennessee Titans 100-1
    Washington Redskins 14-1

    My favorites this year include: Arizona, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Indy, KC, Jax, Giants, Redskins, Patriots.

    My surprise team this year: New Orleans Saints.

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Jerry Rice put up 22 in the strike shortened 19...

    1987 was the first year that Young was on the 49ers, having been traded from Tampa at the start of the season. In fact early in the season he was the #3 QB...but throughout the season he ended up playing for an oft-injured Montana who returned in 1987 from back surgery in 1986.

    Young did throw the record-breaker, the previous record before Rice was owned by Mark Clayton (18)


    Edited to add...Montana threw 13, Young 8, and RB Harry Sydney threw 1 to Rice in 1987.
    Last edited by rbedgood; 01-04-2008 at 02:38 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Jerry Rice put up 22 in the strike shortened 19...

    1987 was the first year that Young was on the 49ers, having been traded from Tampa at the start of the season. In fact early in the season he was the #3 QB...but throughout the season he ended up playing for an oft-injured Montana who returned in 1987 from back surgery in 1986.

    Young did throw the record-breaker, the previous record before Rice was owned by Mark Clayton (18)


    Edited to add...Montana threw 13, Young 8, and RB Harry Sydney threw 1 to Rice in 1987.

    What happened to Montana?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #63
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have to go with Pats over the Seahags. Although the Colts would not be any surprise to me if they beat the Patriots. Of course, if the Patriots bury the Colts by thirty, that won't surprise me either.

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What happened to Montana?
    Starting in 1986, Montana began to miss time due to injury...that was part of the reason the 49ers dealt for Steve Young. Montana did play in all the games in 1987, he just didn't finish them all. Young played in 8 games in 1987...Man did Bill Walsh have an eye for QBs or what? He was responsible for a 20+ year run of All-Pro QBs...too bad that jacka$$ John York came to town.

    Montana 1979-1992 (really was great from 1980-1990 with the 49ers)
    Young 1987-1999 (great years from 1991-1998)
    Garcia 1999-2003 (played well the entire time)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to go with Pats over the Seahags. Although the Colts would not be any surprise to me if they beat the Patriots. Of course, if the Patriots bury the Colts by thirty, that won't surprise me either.

    Pretty definitive answer there!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Starting in 1986, Montana began to miss time due to injury...that was part of the reason the 49ers dealt for Steve Young. Montana did play in all the games in 1987, he just didn't finish them all. Young played in 8 games in 1987...Man did Bill Walsh have an eye for QBs or what? He was responsible for a 20+ year run of All-Pro QBs...too bad that jacka$$ John York came to town.

    Montana 1979-1992 (really was great from 1980-1990 with the 49ers)
    Young 1987-1999 (great years from 1991-1998)
    Garcia 1999-2003 (played well the entire time)

    Walsh said the biggest regret he had in life was retiring too early.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to go with Pats over the Seahags. Although the Colts would not be any surprise to me if they beat the Patriots. Of course, if the Patriots bury the Colts by thirty, that won't surprise me either.
    So....it's anyone's guess?

    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  9. #68
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Jags and Packers. Write it down.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Jags and Packers. Write it down.
    Can I type it?? That is who I like too

    Jags and Packers....if u can beat the Chiefs then u deserve to win the SuperBowl!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Jags and Packers. Write it down.
    Steelers are making a pretty good comeback.

    Ward scored but they overturned it.

    Now Big Ben threw a TD to someone, I couldn't see his number.

    Will they go for 2 and make it a 3 point game?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •