Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Vrabel out this week...

Default With Vrabel out this week...

I think it would be awesome if Studebaker steps up and has a big game. That position is up for grabs long-term and Studebaker is a really athletic guy who had a lot of success sacking the QB in college, though at a small school.

Our pass rush has been better than last year, but is still very poor. If we could be more productive in that area, we could get the defense off the field on all these 3rd and longs where we keep allowing opposing offenses to convert.

Son of B***t! He is???

Good time for DJ to step in and show Haley who is boss.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thats not good news. Hopefuly DJ does step in and have a big game.

I don't know if it will affect DJ's playing time at all since he doesn't play that position, but Studebaker is slated to start according to Haley. We signed him off the Eagles practice squad last season, and not being as good as their DE's definitely doesn't mean you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't know if it will affect DJ's playing time at all since he doesn't play that position, but Studebaker is slated to start according to Haley. We signed him off the Eagles practice squad last season, and not being as good as their DE's definitely doesn't mean you suck.
    I have felt all along that DJ should be playing that position. He is out of position in the middle. Doesn't matter. DJ is a lost cause. He is a free agent next year and he isn't going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I have felt all along that DJ should be playing that position. He is out of position in the middle. Doesn't matter. DJ is a lost cause. He is a free agent next year and he isn't going to stay.
    3-4 OLB != 4-3 OLB though. 3-4 OLBs are usually undersized defensive ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

They have DJ listed at 242, which is about 20-30 pounds light for a 3-4 OLB

He needs to play MLB in 3-4 or OLB in 4-3.
    Last edited by hometeam; 11-21-2009 at 01:37 PM.

DJ doesnt really fit our defense really... he should be traded, but will eventually just be released in the FA which kinda blows...but i trust Pioli with his linebackers more than anything...we dont neccessarily need a high draft choice to fill/replace a LB void...

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think it would be awesome if Studebaker steps up and has a big game. That position is up for grabs long-term and Studebaker is a really athletic guy who had a lot of success sacking the QB in college, though at a small school.

Our pass rush has been better than last year, but is still very poor. If we could be more productive in that area, we could get the defense off the field on all these 3rd and longs where we keep allowing opposing offenses to convert.
    Nice call Yashi. He did as you asked!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    They have DJ listed at 242, which is about 20-30 pounds light for a 3-4 OLB

He needs to play MLB in 3-4 or OLB in 4-3.
    DJ is every bit as big as Vrabel and did sub in for Studebaker and got pressure on Ben and Batch.

Great game for Studebacker... He made a bigger impact in one game than Vrable has all year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast