Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Default Linebackers

It's pretty frustrating to watch? How many missed tackles from Mays or blown coverages from Williams and Belcher does it take before they put in one of the better LBs in football? I don't get what the coaching staff sees in those sorry excuses for football players.

Thanks Aussie!

Uhm, Corey Mays and Demorrio Williams have been playing pretty well so far.. They are not pro bowl linebackers, but i'd say specifically those two guys are not the biggest problem on this defense.
    Mays didn't have the best game statswise today, but Williams was credited with 9 tackles and 1 assist. Not to shabby aye?

The fact that Rothlisberger won't freakin go down is the problem. Very few linebackers in this league can cover Hines Ward or Heath Miller for very long, certainly not as long as Rothlisberger has to throw..
    Last edited by brish; 11-22-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Looked up stats

Maybe now we can all see first hand why Haley sat Johnson. guy couldn't cover my mother. Loved how they showed the replay of the TD when he was covering nothing, and even screened our safety out of the play. Haley will be fine, he's calling a spade a spade and it's easy to see why. I think Mays & Williams are decent on a team without much talent.

On the plus side, Studebaker was outstanding. Almost had that pick 6.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    On the plus side, Studebaker was outstanding. Almost had that pick 6.
    Yeah he had two huge plays, he really deserved to get that last one all the way in. :)

I'll still wait and see what he does for the rest of the season, before I pass judgement on him. :)

Mays seemed like he was constantly out of position. Williams played OK as far as I saw, and Belcher helped win us the game with that tackle in the backfield to force the Steelers to punt instead of kick a FG to win. I was really happy with Studebaker, though I didn't see him get a chance to rush the passer much.

DJ made mistakes too, though his crazy sack was huge.

We need Vrabel back. That game we should have lost if it wasn't for the turnovers. The defense made stops when it had too but really it sucked
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Mays seemed like he was constantly out of position. Williams played OK as far as I saw, and Belcher helped win us the game with that tackle in the backfield to force the Steelers to punt instead of kick a FG to win. I was really happy with Studebaker, though I didn't see him get a chance to rush the passer much.

DJ made mistakes too, though his crazy sack was huge.
    That sack was nulified by a penalty,

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    We need Vrabel back. That game we should have lost if it wasn't for the turnovers. The defense made stops when it had too but really it sucked
    So the interceptions, the fumble recovery, the sacks, and (to quote you) "made stops when it had too" is a sucky defense?

Sounds like a defense that kept the team in it so that the offense could make plays to win.

Which is, in fact, what happened.

Vrabel is great, but where we continue to have shortcomings is in coverage by the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Stop saying we should have lost.
    The Chiefs outplayed the SB champs. They earned the win.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast