Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis

Default Charlie Weis

With Charlie Weis on his way out at ND, could he be the Chiefs next OC?
    The conection is there with Pioli and Parcels.

We need a OC badly and I don't care who. Not this year but certainly next year
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    You've never heard of Charlie Wies??? Charlie was the OC for the Pats during their Superbowl wins and was very successful at his job. This success lead him to be hired by Notre Dame as their HC and it was here where he became very unsuccessful. He even led his team to be defeated by Navy again this year. It's for this reason he'll probably be released by ND at the end of the year and when that happens he'll be eligible to be picked up by us to be our new OC.
    While that may be part of the equation the glaring statistic tword his release is his .573 win percentage.

Ty Williningham and Bob Davie both had a .583 when they were terminated. Notre Dame has 31 seniors and 28 juniors this year including Jimmy Clausen. ChuckWeis.com - FIRE CHARLIE WEIS has a good breakdown of why Charlie should be available next season.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    While that may be part of the equation the glaring statistic tword his release is his .573 win percentage.

Ty Williningham and Bob Davie both had a .583 when they were terminated. Notre Dame has 31 seniors and 28 juniors this year including Jimmy Clausen. ChuckWeis.com - FIRE CHARLIE WEIS has a good breakdown of why Charlie should be available next season.
    I know he hasn't lived up to his expectations and hasn't been the coach that they hoped he would be, but I can almost gurantee that if Weis would've beat Navy they would've given him another year. The loss to Navy is what really sealed the deal in my mind.

I was thinkin this same thing yesterday. Weis at OC and Crennel at DC would make Haley a little more palatable at HC. No OC and and a bad DC makes Haley look even worse than he is.

I would like the move to bring Charlie on our team. I am looking forward to this offseason to see what Pioli has in the works.

No matter the reasons that lead him out, I believe everyone is in agreement this will be his final season.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I was thinkin this same thing yesterday. Weis at OC and Crennel at DC would make Haley a little more palatable at HC. No OC and and a bad DC makes Haley look even worse than he is.
    Those moves would make me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Man I hate Pendergast.

I would LOVE to have Weis

I hadn't given this any thought until I came across this post, but wow. It could happen. Of course we could spread the idea if someone wanted to write an article about it for me to put on the front page of ChiefsCrowd.com.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I know he hasn't lived up to his expectations and hasn't been the coach that they hoped he would be, but I can almost gurantee that if Weis would've beat Navy they would've given him another year. The loss to Navy is what really sealed the deal in my mind.
    As a Naval Officer, I was ecstatic when Navy won. As the husband of a die-hard ND fan, I knew that was the end of the Weis era.

As a realist, it is unbelievable for any decent NCAA D1 program to lose to one of the service academies. Consider the fact that the largest guy at the service academies still has to fall within the weight standards that are set for all service members. There are rarely exceptions made for athletes, and even then we are talking no one really over 270lbs , unless they are like 7ft tall.

Yes, that means that the OL and DL of the Navy/Army/Air Force probably average close to 250lbs. The average MLB in any other division 1 school is usually 250lbs. The average OL or DL in a top school is usually closer to 300lbs.

The fact that the OL/DL of ND probably has a good 50lbs on anyone they are blocking, SHOULD mean they can do whatever they want.

If you fail to come up with a game plan that can beat a run-only, way undersized team, then you shouldnt be a HC.

With that in mind, I think he would be much better as our OC than our current OC (since we dont have one).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast