Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Charlie Weis

Default Charlie Weis

With Charlie Weis on his way out at ND, could he be the Chiefs next OC?
    The conection is there with Pioli and Parcels.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Heard John Clayton talking about this possibility of Weis coming here because of his Pioli connection. However, he said it could cause a riff with Haley since Haley likes to be in control of the play calling and may not want to give that up. Said it could cause a bit of desention between haley and Pioli and mentioned if it came down to it, Haley could be out if he put up too big a stink. Was on a local station here in Az. on a morning show called Doug and Wolf. KTAR 620 (Doug Franz is from the KC area or at least worked there)
    Clayton obviously didn't hear Haley say that he will eventually have an OC here.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Well first off, im from Denmark.
    We have only been able to watch nfl for 10 years, and it is only on the last 4-5 years where we have been able to follow multiple games a week. Before that the games were also aired during the night time, where no people would watch it.
    But the game is really starting to catch on over here now..

I watched my first game 5-6 years ago, and it was a Chiefs game. I didn't know what was going on, but I thought the game was extremely entertaining and action packed.
    Back then I didn't know who the chiefs were, but in the game I watched there were som pretty wild plays.

Dante Hall had an insane return for a TD, and Priest Holmes had a nice TD flying over the top..

I actually had to wait a whole other year, before I watched another game. And that was a Chiefs game too, and I could remember those players and that offense..

I've followed the chiefs ever since, but It's only in the last 4 years that I have really been watching football, and for some reason I just felt like the Chiefs was my team..

Since I've read up on some of the history of the franchise, and what Lamar Hunt did for this game, and I really like it.

So long story short, im a chiefs fan mostly because of chance and a few very entertaining players.
    My best Chiefs buddy was born and raised in Germany...somewhat your neighbor! haha

He married my friends sister, almost 20 yrs ago...she teaches for the US Army at the base in Germany, which is how they met. She still teaches there, Germany is her home now.

He became a Chiefs fan while playing football in Germany during college. He's a fan of Nebraska football, a US college team, then became a Chiefs fan because many Nebraska players later became Chiefs.

He watches Chiefs games in the middle of the night! The US Army has been airing NFL games in Germany for many yrs. He's inspired his German football buddies to become Chiefs fans over the yrs too, and they all get up in the middle of the night, go over to his house to watch Chiefs games together, hahaha. He say's the games end about an hour or so before he has to get ready to go to work. He never misses even one though.

He, his wife and two son's are here visiting now during the holiday's. We all attended the game at Arrowhead against the Browns.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567