Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haley overwhelmed

Default Haley overwhelmed

I was one of the first on here to support the hiring of Haley and although I still support it, I have concerns.

How can a guy who was supposed to be a great offensive mind put together such pitiful game plans sunday after sunday?

I think that a Bill Cowher signing would have been a better fit, but maybe Cowher didnt want it with Pittsburgh on the schedule.

The lack of a passing rush is very sad. Ben has been sacked second most in the NFL, yet we cant even touch him?

It is painful to watch this team, and I think our defense plays pretty well considering how much time they spend on the field thanks to our pitiful offense.

I want to see improvement, but its hard to see improvement.....

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    I was one of the first on here to support the hiring of Haley and although I still support it, I have concerns.

How can a guy who was supposed to be a great offensive mind put together such pitiful game plans sunday after sunday?

I think that a Bill Cowher signing would have been a better fit, but maybe Cowher didnt want it with Pittsburgh on the schedule.

The lack of a passing rush is very sad. Ben has been sacked second most in the NFL, yet we cant even touch him?

It is painful to watch this team, and I think our defense plays pretty well considering how much time they spend on the field thanks to our pitiful offense.

I want to see improvement, but its hard to see improvement.....
    The fact that Pittsburg was on the schedule has nothing to do with Cowher not coming here. He's happy with his current job. If he does come back to coaching - it would probably be at Carolina where he's from...
    But I'll admit Haley drastically shorted himself and the team by not bringing in any offensive coaches. (well, pendergast is pretty offensive...)
    SHUT IT

I posted this before the first half was over when things were looking bleak. Who woulda known this would happen?? I stand corrected.

I think Haley has improved the last few games. He seems to be a little calmer on the sideline.
    I am on board with him being the HC, but I do hope he hires an OC, a wide out coach, and QB coach this offseason.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I think Haley has improved the last few games. He seems to be a little calmer on the sideline.
    I am on board with him being the HC, but I do hope he hires an OC, a wide out coach, and QB coach this offseason.
    Don't forget a DC and a DB coach as well.

You my not have seen improvement, but it might be there. We beat the defending superbowl champs today!!!!

That has to be improvement!!! And now, we are on a 2 game win streak.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Haleys play calling in the second half is arguably the best play calling against the Steelers in 2009.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Hey, we sacked "Big Ben" twice if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Haleys play calling in the second half is arguably the best play calling against the Steelers in 2009.
    I have to give kudo's to the play calling in the 2nd half (4th quarter especially).
    I've been a pretty harsh critic of Haley's game plans.

After weeks and weeks of mediocre BS and predictable calls, he really mixed it up near the end of the game.... and it showed. Once the Steelers weren't sure of what the Chiefs were going to do next, they actually moved the ball down the field!

I think we saw Haley mature. The first thing you noticed was he was clean shaven, Doesn't have anything to do with coaching, but it was a change.
    He also kept his head in the game and spent less time chewing out refs, coaches and players.
    I think the team relalized in the fourth quarter that they were not as tired as the other and gained confidence. The OL actually gave Cassel a little time.
    I think Cassel and Haley realized they finally have Wr's that can catch the ball.
    I think the coaches and the team took a huge step forward today. Will we take a step back? Being a young team, probably, lets hope it isn't too far.
    I exspect betterr things from Haley now that the pressure is off, He has now won with more than 2 games with 22 men off the street. We've had that many WR's thru KC this year haven't we. Just joking!!!!
    Last edited by pbatrucker; 11-23-2009 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast