Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

Default To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

How can anyone possibly doubt the direction this team is going?

Matt Cassel threw the ball 15/30 for 248 yards and 2 TD's. His percentage was disappointing, but he connected when it counted the most. The fumble had more to do with that horrible O line letting the Steelers through. But Cassel did well against a very good defense.

Jamaal Charles performed admirably. I wish they would pound the rock more, but I understand that Haley is a passing coach. Charles rushed 17 times for 58 yards for an average of 3.4 yards per rush. I'll admit, I'm a total homer for Charles being that I loved to watch him play at Texas. He was able to rip off a 97 yard kick off return for a TD today and catch a TD too. People say he isn't an "every down back." That may be true in a conventional ground attack team. But I think Charles will do very well in a Haley type of system.

I stand behind Haley and Pioli 100 percent. They are turning the team around. The defense picked off 2 passes and forced a fumble. We just beat one of the best teams in football and by all rights we had no business doing so. They pulled off the impossible late in the season. Obviously Haley is motivating his team and they are pumped up! We've been able to come back late in games to stay competitive, but this time WE WON! Herm Edwards could never accomplish the motivation needed to win those kinds of games.

Flame away if you wish and keep *****ing about how Haley yells at his players, how Charles isn't cut out to be a starting back, how Pioli is making bad decisions and how Cassel isn't accurate. I'll take it and the direction we're headed in right now. GO CHIEFS!!!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

"Chiefs WITHOUT LJ: 2-0 Hmmm...."

That is SOOOO awesome!

And Bengals WITH LJ: 0-1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Plus LJ 2 carries for 5 yards. WOW what a contribution!)

That was the right 53. I would have traded one of them for Bowe though! We finally played as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    And there were some interesting tidbits about today's game:

Pope had a good game, Chambers is blowin' up all over the place, and Bradley continues to soldier along as a nice additional receiver.

Jamaal Charles contributing something far more important than yards- SCORES.

The O-line, while still in dire need of repair/replacement, did give some time against one of the league's premiere defenses, and still yielded us 58 yards from Charles.

Chiefs WITH LJ; 1-7
    Chiefs WITHOUT LJ: 2-0 Hmmm....

We got to the QB today- I was so proud of that DJ sack, jumping OVER the blocker to get the sack.

Andy Studebaker- Eventually we're going to have to start him and DJ every week.

And remember folks- this win against the super bowl champs was without Vrabel or Bowe. It is entirely possible we could win against Cleveland, Buffalo, and at least split with the Donkeys (it's still tough to win IN Denver).

Damn, what a good Sunday. Oh, except for that whole "Guy broke out my truck window and stole stuff" thing from last night. I hope he's a Raider fan, and bleeding to death somewhere.

Cheers!

JB
    That sack was taken away.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    That sack was taken away.

Yes- VERY lame.That was reminiscent of some other linebackers Makes me look forward to seeing some more great stuff from DJ, though.

And hey- how about the continued great play from Wallace Gilberry and Andy Studebaker?

jb

Wow well i for one am happy and support pioli and haley. Give them time to fix the oline..i still think they didn't spend that much money this off season because they are waiting till the next off season to start spending it on players in FA and the draft...just wait...i'm excited

AND we had no D bowe I really think this shows something I mean yeah the Steelers on D arent the same without the P man but still they are one of the elite teams in the NFl and OUR chiefs beat them ! Im telling you everyone that has been doubting allow yourself to smile a bit

The boys from Texas were on FIRE today! DJ was a beast. I hope he continues to play at that level the rest of the way. He has major talent. To watch him leap over defenders was crazy!

Charles is a stud. The dude is so fast and shifty and today was why I have been calling for him to get more playing time. He's a hell of a runner and receiver. Just think of where we might be if LJ had been let go or benched sooner. And watching the players react when they won tells me a great deal of what they think of Haley. They've all bought into the new regime and this team is going places. I AM PUMPED!!!!!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    The boys from Texas were on FIRE today! DJ was a beast. I hope he continues to play at that level the rest of the way. He has major talent. To watch him leap over defenders was crazy!

Charles is a stud. The dude is so fast and shifty and today was why I have been calling for him to get more playing time. He's a hell of a runner and receiver. Just think of where we might be if LJ had been let go or benched sooner. And watching the players react when they won tells me a great deal of what they think of Haley. They've all bought into the new regime and this team is going places. I AM PUMPED!!!!!

ME TOO MAN ! THIS IS GREAT !!!! If we can beat the chargers and bronchoes and finish our division second place that would eb awesome ! And i know the teams we have comign up if we can ebat the Steelers we can ebat them GO CHIEFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-7 and we may be in the playoffs :).

Im going to start calling hum STUDabaker~

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast