Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

Default To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

How can anyone possibly doubt the direction this team is going?

Matt Cassel threw the ball 15/30 for 248 yards and 2 TD's. His percentage was disappointing, but he connected when it counted the most. The fumble had more to do with that horrible O line letting the Steelers through. But Cassel did well against a very good defense.

Jamaal Charles performed admirably. I wish they would pound the rock more, but I understand that Haley is a passing coach. Charles rushed 17 times for 58 yards for an average of 3.4 yards per rush. I'll admit, I'm a total homer for Charles being that I loved to watch him play at Texas. He was able to rip off a 97 yard kick off return for a TD today and catch a TD too. People say he isn't an "every down back." That may be true in a conventional ground attack team. But I think Charles will do very well in a Haley type of system.

I stand behind Haley and Pioli 100 percent. They are turning the team around. The defense picked off 2 passes and forced a fumble. We just beat one of the best teams in football and by all rights we had no business doing so. They pulled off the impossible late in the season. Obviously Haley is motivating his team and they are pumped up! We've been able to come back late in games to stay competitive, but this time WE WON! Herm Edwards could never accomplish the motivation needed to win those kinds of games.

Flame away if you wish and keep *****ing about how Haley yells at his players, how Charles isn't cut out to be a starting back, how Pioli is making bad decisions and how Cassel isn't accurate. I'll take it and the direction we're headed in right now. GO CHIEFS!!!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Im going to start calling hum STUDabaker~
    Quoted for truth.

I have been on the fence about Haley up to this point, but after today I'm on board 100%. They played toe to toe with the champs and won. It wasn't lucky, they didn't get a bunch of calls go their way, they simply outplayed the steelers.
    I don't need to hear about Polomalu being out either, the Chiefs didn't have Bowe.
    Cassle stepped up big time in the 2nd half, and especially in the 4rt qtr.
    Charles is a weapon, and he has heart. That play on the 3 to pick up a 1st down was sweet, and the run he had in OT was great. Ad in a kick return, he had a hell of a game.
    The Defense also came up huge in the 2nd half. Maybe we found a star in Studabaker.
    I can't help but think if we can get the o-line fixed this offseason, The Chiefs could be a dangerous team next year.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    9-7 and we may be in the playoffs :).
    Last year the Chargers won our division with a record of only 8-8 so anything's still possible. :)

GREAT WIN!!!

However, I hate to be the guy to put a rain cloud on this parade, but we had no business winning that game, and for anyone to come on here and think that this is the big turnaround, well it might be a little premature.

Look, I want to Chiefs to do well, I screamed myself hoarse today cheering for them, but when you look at the numbers, we were really pathetic, if it wasn't for big mistakes by the Steelers, we don't win this game.

1st Downs
    Steelers 27
    Chiefs 13

Passing yards
    Steelers 400
    Chiefs - 214

Rushing
    Steelers 114
    Chiefs 68

The defensive line played pretty good against the rush, but were horrible in getting Rothlisberger down, now I cannot be too critical on them, Big Ben is pretty hard to sack for anyone. That play with Johnson hanging on for dear life was hilarious.

The offensive line was horrible, I mean, can these guys play any worse? Yeah, there were a couple of plays where Cassel held on to the ball for about 3 seconds before getting sacked, but please. One sack the Steelers only rushed with 4 players and he was sacked within 2 seconds of the snap, that is just aweful.

Pass defense, can we allow receivers to get any more open? That touchdown Ward caught completely caught the defenders by surprise. It seemed like almost every pass play they had receivers standing in the wide open, especially over the middle.

We really have a long way to go still. We might be going in the right direction, and after this win, these guys should really be pumped up for San Diego next week.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I also thought it was big the way we won in overtime. We earned that score with moving the ball and then had the Steelers right at the edge of the cliff when Ryan Succop comes on to kick a chip shot fg. You could see in the face of Ben Roethlisberger before the fg that he knew it was over! He had the look of Dun Dun DUN dun!

And for us to finish a game and put the nail in the coffin was huge (we did so last week at Oakland too, but to do so against a good team is a big step up the ladder. Things are looking up is the key, even if not necessarily time to say we've reached a big turnaround.

Yep, still have a ways to go. But I feel encouraged that happy days will be here again for this great football team of ours. :)

Did anyone else notice that Haley and the Chiefs got their 3rd win today with guys off the street?(Chambers/Studebaker).

Oh, and did anyone else notice that there were fewer dropped passes today?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Haley and the Chiefs got their 3rd win today with guys off the street?(Chambers/Studebaker).

Oh, and did anyone else notice that there were fewer dropped passes today?
    Yes! I saw 1 drop by Bradley on a big third down.
    Maybe its because Bowe wasn't out there? :shrug:
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    GREAT WIN!!!

However, I hate to be the guy to put a rain cloud on this parade, but we had no business winning that game, and for anyone to come on here and think that this is the big turnaround, well it might be a little premature.

Look, I want to Chiefs to do well, I screamed myself hoarse today cheering for them, but when you look at the numbers, we were really pathetic, if it wasn't for big mistakes by the Steelers, we don't win this game.

1st Downs
    Steelers 27
    Chiefs 13

Passing yards
    Steelers 400
    Chiefs - 214

Rushing
    Steelers 114
    Chiefs 68

The defensive line played pretty good against the rush, but were horrible in getting Rothlisberger down, now I cannot be too critical on them, Big Ben is pretty hard to sack for anyone. That play with Johnson hanging on for dear life was hilarious.

The offensive line was horrible, I mean, can these guys play any worse? Yeah, there were a couple of plays where Cassel held on to the ball for about 3 seconds before getting sacked, but please. One sack the Steelers only rushed with 4 players and he was sacked within 2 seconds of the snap, that is just aweful.

Pass defense, can we allow receivers to get any more open? That touchdown Ward caught completely caught the defenders by surprise. It seemed like almost every pass play they had receivers standing in the wide open, especially over the middle.

We really have a long way to go still. We might be going in the right direction, and after this win, these guys should really be pumped up for San Diego next week.
    Those things are why I have hope.
    They could have played better, the o-line blows, and they still won.
    If the Chiefs played a perfect game, and still had to go to overtime to win, that would be a greater concern.

But I am a homer.
    Chiefs in 2011

With the win today I think people have to start to show Haley respect as a head coach. This is a better team simply becuse they now have 3 wins as opposed to 2 of a season ago. With a head coach that some will have you belive had a proven track record. Todd haley has a the very least done a better job with this team then Herm Edwards did a year ago. There is no denying that. And he should at the very least be given respect for that. Not to mention that The Kansas City Chiefs just beat the defending superbowl champs. When is that last time we could sit here and say that. Things are looking up for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    GREAT WIN!!!

1st Downs
    Steelers 27
    Chiefs 13

Passing yards
    Steelers 400
    Chiefs - 214

Rushing
    Steelers 114
    Chiefs 68

Your stats don't even include turnovers or peneltys.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast