Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

Default To all the Haley, Charles and Cassel doubters...

How can anyone possibly doubt the direction this team is going?

Matt Cassel threw the ball 15/30 for 248 yards and 2 TD's. His percentage was disappointing, but he connected when it counted the most. The fumble had more to do with that horrible O line letting the Steelers through. But Cassel did well against a very good defense.

Jamaal Charles performed admirably. I wish they would pound the rock more, but I understand that Haley is a passing coach. Charles rushed 17 times for 58 yards for an average of 3.4 yards per rush. I'll admit, I'm a total homer for Charles being that I loved to watch him play at Texas. He was able to rip off a 97 yard kick off return for a TD today and catch a TD too. People say he isn't an "every down back." That may be true in a conventional ground attack team. But I think Charles will do very well in a Haley type of system.

I stand behind Haley and Pioli 100 percent. They are turning the team around. The defense picked off 2 passes and forced a fumble. We just beat one of the best teams in football and by all rights we had no business doing so. They pulled off the impossible late in the season. Obviously Haley is motivating his team and they are pumped up! We've been able to come back late in games to stay competitive, but this time WE WON! Herm Edwards could never accomplish the motivation needed to win those kinds of games.

Flame away if you wish and keep *****ing about how Haley yells at his players, how Charles isn't cut out to be a starting back, how Pioli is making bad decisions and how Cassel isn't accurate. I'll take it and the direction we're headed in right now. GO CHIEFS!!!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I agree with everything except your O line comment. It was clearly Cassel holding the ball too long on the majority of the sacks. The line did pretty well in the 2nd half. I also agree that Charles should get the ball more, he is a play maker and can make big things happen.

How about Chris Chambers? All this guy does is make big catches when it matters. I have always been a fan of his but now he is my favorite player.

I have faith in Haley and Pioli, we are going in the right direction. This was a huge win and hopefully we can build off of this.

Quote Originally Posted by complexrealmz View Post
    I agree with everything except your O line comment. It was clearly Cassel holding the ball too long on the majority of the sacks. The line did pretty well in the 2nd half. I also agree that Charles should get the ball more, he is a play maker and can make big things happen.

How about Chris Chambers? All this guy does is make big catches when it matters. I have always been a fan of his but now he is my favorite player.

I have faith in Haley and Pioli, we are going in the right direction. This was a huge win and hopefully we can build off of this.
    Cassel may have held it too long. But he was holding it right(instead of how some QB's don't) and that ball got popped out. It's hard for me to defend that O line after they way they played all season. They have a loooong way to go and I still think we need new talent in the off season. It would also help if they would open some lanes for the running game. I trust we'll get it fixed.

Chambers is one of those Haley/Pioli decisions. I'll admit, that I didn't see too much upside when they signed him. Now I do and the dude definitely is out to prove San Diego wrong in letting him go. I wish Bowe was out there for the double threat, but Chambers is doing pretty good by himself. He's awfully fast for his size and age.

Until they do something about this terrible Offensive line then I won't be fully supportive of Haley and Pioli. Charles is doing what I expected. Cassel has been a little above average. That's all I'll say
    It starts with the Offensive line

Charles is doing a great job and getting better.

Cassel is doing alright. He needs to learn to just throw the ball away rather than taking the sack. If the OL would step up and protect Matt things would be better.

Haley NEEDS to get an OC in the play house. He will be more successful.

Why is it that wee had 3 time outs before the half and didn't use them on the last drive?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Until they do something about this terrible Offensive line then I won't be fully supportive of Haley and Pioli. Charles is doing what I expected. Cassel has been a little above average. That's all I'll say
    WoW. Dont act too excited about the biggest win in the past 3 years.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    WoW. Dont act too excited about the biggest win in the past 3 years.
    Without a doubt THE biggest win. Felt like we won the Super Bowl today! How sad is that? See what 3 seasons of Herm Edwards does to the soul. I hope to God he never, ever coaches again. Except maybe for the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Without a doubt THE biggest win. Felt like we won the Super Bowl today! How sad is that? See what 3 seasons of Herm Edwards does to the soul. I hope to God he never, ever coaches again. Except maybe for the Raiders.
    Well said.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Yep, I felt good about Haley, Piloi, Cassel, etc. when I saw the beautiful big pass to Chambers and the game winning fg and the emotional celebration of Haley and the Chiefs. HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!

We beat the Steelers! Excellent win! Things are looking up for us. YAYYYYY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

I SAID YAYYYYYYYYYYYY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ROCK! WE SHOW HOW FOOTBALL SHOULD BE PLAYED! CHIEFS #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there were some interesting tidbits about today's game:

Pope had a good game, Chambers is blowin' up all over the place, and Bradley continues to soldier along as a nice additional receiver.

Jamaal Charles contributing something far more important than yards- SCORES.

The O-line, while still in dire need of repair/replacement, did give some time against one of the league's premiere defenses, and still yielded us 58 yards from Charles.

Chiefs WITH LJ; 1-7
    Chiefs WITHOUT LJ: 2-0 Hmmm....

We got to the QB today- I was so proud of that DJ sack, jumping OVER the blocker to get the sack.

Andy Studebaker- Eventually we're going to have to start him and DJ every week.

And remember folks- this win against the super bowl champs was without Vrabel or Bowe. It is entirely possible we could win against Cleveland, Buffalo, and at least split with the Donkeys (it's still tough to win IN Denver).

Damn, what a good Sunday. Oh, except for that whole "Guy broke out my truck window and stole stuff" thing from last night. I hope he's a Raider fan, and bleeding to death somewhere.

Cheers!

JB

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast