Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Still not impressed by Cassel

Default Still not impressed by Cassel

He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-23-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Use of "GD" in post.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.
    LOL @ Cutler. He goes to Chicago and makes a good team worse. Cassel has come to KC and look, we already have one more win than last year with 6 to play. So since you're not impressed with Cassel, what is your solution? Trade 2 1st rounders, a 3rd, and Cassel for Cutler? I'm sure the Bears would take that trade at this point!

Romo?

ROMO?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Romo?

ROMO?
    Who???

I agree that he does tend to hold on to that ball to long at times. And that he does need to be more consistent But you also got to look at the fact that he is on a new team and learning a new offense. In affect He is a rookie Qb in this system. That has to be looked at. I dont think that the Chiefs need to draft a qb. Simply for the fact that there are many more postions that are more in need. If they have him battle with Croyle again or they go out in free agent market and bring someone in to battel him this offseason I would not have a problem with that and think that it would help this team. And probley cassle as well. Cassel has not been great hes not been bad. Give him a little more time, he may just may still be that pro bowl qb you thought you saw at the beging. GO CHIEFS!!!

Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.
    Both Mannings. Um, Payton had a terrible start to his career and even in his current state, he wouldn't do much better. Eli isn't doing real hot right neither.

Brees- Maybe. But he's very successful because his line does this stuff called BLOCKING.

Favre- NO WAY. He is too old to last an entire season. He is not mobile and not quick. Favre would have to re-re-retire after the first half of the season.

Pennington? Puhlease! The same guy who was KILLED behind the same Herm Edwards O line in NY?

Ryan has a good line that protects him. The last two seasons he has a 60 percent completion rating. He has 32 TD's and 23 INT's. He's been sacked 31 times. Again. his O line doesn't come close to our disastrous line.

Warner? See Favre.

McNabb? See Warner.

Cutler? Completely overrated QB that most are just now starting to realize for how overrated he is.

Carson Palmer? I'll give you that. But, he has Cedric Benson ripping up yards like no tomorrow. But he plays with guys who have experience and his O line does a pretty good job protecting him.

Romo? Romo?! The same Romo who threw an almost identical game as Cassel?

Let's see-

Matt Cassel- 15/30 248 yards 2 TD 0 INT

Tony Romo- 15/27 158 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Yeah, you can keep Romo, at home, against the Redskins. A team we beat 14-6 on the road. Romo barely pulled out a win and a score of 7-6 AT HOME. Down here in Texas there is already talk of benching Romo. Seems some of your buddies down here in Texas are closely related to you.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-23-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.

The problem is you have only been a Chiefs fan for nine years and you don't know that after a win like this today, the last thing REAL Chiefs fans want to hear is lame moaning about the QB not being all you thought he could be. Enjoy the win my friend.

You say that as if he won the game for us when he clearly did not.
    NFL Network disagrees. And so do I. They said Cassel had a phenominal game considering the guys in front of him. He made the passes down the stretch he needed to make to beat the Suberbowl champs. I admit he needs to read the field faster and get the ball out. His number one reciever was out, and hes throwing to three guys that weren't even on our opening day roster. Cassels 4th quarter and ot performance clearly won us this game.
    SHUT IT

He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the god damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    Even Len Dawson said , Except for the turnover Cassell played well. Get off of it and admit, this team and Cassell is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Even Len Dawson said , Except for the turnover Cassell played well. Get off of it and admit, this team and Cassell is improving.
    I will admit the team is improving I am very impressed with the defense and special teams, and our WR's are coming along but Cassel played like crap except for 3 or drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm very impressed that your not impressed, but then again I'm easily impressed.
    Im glad for you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast