Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Still not impressed by Cassel

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Still not impressed by Cassel


    0 Not allowed!
    He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-23-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Use of "GD" in post.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Cutler? really. after 5 picks last week, and his performance tonight, and he makes your top 10. wow. you really got this all figured out. Hell, put Russel in there too, why not.
    Cutler is not in my top ten I just threw him out there and I still think he is better right now, he has a higher completion percentage, much stronger arm, but he does throw at higher rate of interceptions.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    The problem is you have only been a Chiefs fan for nine years and you don't know that after a win like this today, the last thing REAL Chiefs fans want to hear is lame moaning about the QB not being all you thought he could be. Enjoy the win my friend.
    So your a REAL fan and im not because I question the organization I love and you don't I did enjoy the game I want some heat on Cassel to throw the ball and too quit being so inaccurate with his throws.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    So your a REAL fan and im not because I question the organization I love and you don't I did enjoy the game I want some heat on Cassel to throw the ball and too quit being so inaccurate with his throws.
    I question this teams decisions all the time. Cassel just ain't one of 'em. To each their own I guess.
    SHUT IT

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Both Mannings. Um, Payton had a terrible start to his career and even in his current state, he wouldn't do much better. Eli isn't doing real hot right neither.

    Brees- Maybe. But he's very successful because his line does this stuff called BLOCKING.

    Favre- NO WAY. He is too old to last an entire season. He is not mobile and not quick. Favre would have to re-re-retire after the first half of the season.

    Pennington? Puhlease! The same guy who was KILLED behind the same Herm Edwards O line in NY?

    Ryan has a good line that protects him. The last two seasons he has a 60 percent completion rating. He has 32 TD's and 23 INT's. He's been sacked 31 times. Again. his O line doesn't come close to our disastrous line.

    Warner? See Favre.

    McNabb? See Warner.

    Cutler? Completely overrated QB that most are just now starting to realize for how overrated he is.

    Carson Palmer? I'll give you that. But, he has Cedric Benson ripping up yards like no tomorrow. But he plays with guys who have experience and his O line does a pretty good job protecting him.

    Romo? Romo?! The same Romo who threw an almost identical game as Cassel?

    Let's see-

    Matt Cassel- 15/30 248 yards 2 TD 0 INT

    Tony Romo- 15/27 158 yards 1 TD 1 INT

    Yeah, you can keep Romo, at home, against the Redskins. A team we beat 14-6 on the road. Romo barely pulled out a win and a score of 7-6 AT HOME. Down here in Texas there is already talk of benching Romo. Seems some of your buddies down here in Texas are closely related to you.
    Brees: Is a maybe? 68 percent completion rate 22 td's only 9 interceptions your nutty.
    Peyton: 3200 yards so far 21 td's and only 9 interceptions and almost 69.8 percent completion rate if this is terrible, I want terrible.

    Eli:I actually hate Eli but 18 td's only 9 int and 60 percent completion rate is far superior too Cassel

    Favre: Gets rid of the ball much quicker then Cassel has a much much stronger arm 69.7 percent completion rate 21 td's and only 3 interceptions lower then Cassel in interceptions and much higher in TD's

    Pennington: One of the most accurate QB's of all time in 10 seasons 66.1 completion rate

    Ryan:Big arm he is having a sophmore slump but he still have a 59.3 completion which is higher then Cassel and he gets rid of the ball much quicker

    Warner: 67.5 completion rate 20 td's 11 interceptions not bad for an old man and a stronger arm then Cassel

    McNabb: has a stronger arm he's a big guy that can take a hit and break tackles 61 percent completion rate which isn't great but better then Cassel so i'd take him right now

    Cutler: already explained in another post why he's better

    Carson: you gave me him

    Romo: He has never in his 4 years playing had under 60 percent completion rate Cassel right now 55 I don't like Romo but he has a better arm better vision and he gets rid of the ball much much quicker.

    Listen I don't hate Cassel he just has not been playing good at all, I really hope he gets better I want him to be a winner but right now I just don't see it.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Im glad for you!

    I'm glad for me too.


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Cassel was sacked 37 times in his first 11 starts last season with the Patriots.

    He's been sacked 34 times in 9 starts this season. That's really not that big of a difference. He doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

    I like Cassel. He's a great leader and has a good presence about him. He carries himself well, unlike guys like Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell. But he doesn't have a strong arm and can be very indecisive in the pocket. I think regardless of how good our OL ever becomes, he will still take a lot of sacks. You can have all day to throw, but if you stand around in the pocket you're still going to get sacked at some point.

    I'm still positive about the future with him because he's doing alright with almost no talent around him. I just doubt that he has to the physical tools to ever be an elite quarterback.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Cassel was sacked 37 times in his first 11 starts last season with the Patriots.

    He's been sacked 34 times in 9 starts this season. That's really not that big of a difference. He doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

    I like Cassel. He's a great leader and has a good presence about him. He carries himself well, unlike guys like Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell. But he doesn't have a strong arm and can be very indecisive in the pocket. I think regardless of how good our OL ever becomes, he will still take a lot of sacks. You can have all day to throw, but if you stand around in the pocket you're still going to get sacked at some point.

    I'm still positive about the future with him because he's doing alright with almost no talent around him. I just doubt that he has to the physical tools to ever be an elite quarterback.
    Your right that's not a big difference so it must mean it's his fault. I honestly don't know if he's a good leader he seems to talk to his guys which is good, but then he gets sacked because he holds onto the ball too long, I think he thought when they told him they were trading him to the Chiefs he accidentally picked up the tapes of our line from 2003 instead of 2008, sorry Cassel we don't have Willie Roaf, Shields, Casey Wiegman, or Jason Dunn anymore

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Both Mannings. Um, Payton had a terrible start to his career and even in his current state, he wouldn't do much better. Eli isn't doing real hot right neither.

    Brees- Maybe. But he's very successful because his line does this stuff called BLOCKING.

    Favre- NO WAY. He is too old to last an entire season. He is not mobile and not quick. Favre would have to re-re-retire after the first half of the season.

    Pennington? Puhlease! The same guy who was KILLED behind the same Herm Edwards O line in NY?

    Ryan has a good line that protects him. The last two seasons he has a 60 percent completion rating. He has 32 TD's and 23 INT's. He's been sacked 31 times. Again. his O line doesn't come close to our disastrous line.

    Warner? See Favre.

    McNabb? See Warner.

    Cutler? Completely overrated QB that most are just now starting to realize for how overrated he is.

    Carson Palmer? I'll give you that. But, he has Cedric Benson ripping up yards like no tomorrow. But he plays with guys who have experience and his O line does a pretty good job protecting him.

    Romo? Romo?! The same Romo who threw an almost identical game as Cassel?

    Let's see-

    Matt Cassel- 15/30 248 yards 2 TD 0 INT

    Tony Romo- 15/27 158 yards 1 TD 1 INT

    Yeah, you can keep Romo, at home, against the Redskins. A team we beat 14-6 on the road. Romo barely pulled out a win and a score of 7-6 AT HOME. Down here in Texas there is already talk of benching Romo. Seems some of your buddies down here in Texas are closely related to you.
    So according to you, pretty much every "good" QB in the NFL sucks.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Manning, Favre, Brees all having outstanding years. If MVP was given out today, I'd give it to Manning. He is doing the most with the least of the 3 I mentioned imo...
    SHUT IT

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Manning, Favre, Brees all having outstanding years. If MVP was given out today, I'd give it to Manning. He is doing the most with the least of the 3 I mentioned imo...
    I would too, but Favre has to be way up there because he and Harvin are the only players they really added. 21 TDs to 3 INTs is phenomenal. Brees is great as always, but he's had a ton of help this year with a vastly improved defense and a very good running game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I have not been impressed with Cassel
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM
  2. Cassel
    By CHIEFS_FN_ROCK in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 01:31 PM
  3. More on Cassel This one from NFL.com
    By magoo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
  4. Anyone else not that impressed?
    By prough91 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
  5. Cassel for Cutler
    By jb908 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •