Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson.....

Default Derrick Johnson.....

Just finished watching the replay. Biggest thing that stood out to me was how HORRIBLE he played. Numerous missed tackles, bad coverage, and getting burned.

Maybe thats why he lost his starting job.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

DJ is gone after this year. I was the BIGGEST dj fan when we drafted him, but the guy just never put it together on the field.

Sucks.

I dont think he has played all that great this year. I have probley been one of the least vocal on the DJ thing. But he didnt play horrible. He made a big play when he made that sack in the grasp of a blocker. But I dont think he has played well enough that you have to play him. Hes been some good some bad. But you can say that about a number of chiefs players this season.

The thing about DJ, espiacially this season, is that he is inconsistent.
    Sometimes he makes a HUGE play just like he did Sunday, and in some previous games.
    Then he makes a dumbass mistake where he complete screws up a coverage, and prevents his own teammate from saving his ***. (Also this Sunday, where he was supposed to cover their RB)
    Finally there are plays where he is just gone.. Isn't even near the ball or just in a wrong position.

I would be very surprised if he got a new contract..
    It's too bad, because for the last couple of years, he has looked like a guy just ready to break out and be a star!

:(

ummm....aren't we supposed to bashing Haley for not starting DJ. Or was that just for the first half of the season?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think we'll find out what's going to happen with DJ when they do it.

In the mean time, if he can continue to make plays like the one where he went over the top to make the sack and tackle the guy blocking him at the same time, I want to keep seeing him out there. I don't care if the sack got called back, it was still a great, exciting play- and not all of those will get called back.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I think we'll find out what's going to happen with DJ when they do it.

In the mean time, if he can continue to make plays like the one where he went over the top to make the sack and tackle the guy blocking him at the same time, I want to keep seeing him out there. I don't care if the sack got called back, it was still a great, exciting play- and not all of those will get called back.
    He made 1 great play and I saw him make about 7 or 8 bad ones. I'd rather have him on the bench.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    He made 1 great play and I saw him make about 7 or 8 bad ones. I'd rather have him on the bench.
    But the great play didn't count because of a penalty!!!! So it didn't happen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    But the great play didn't count because of a penalty!!!! So it didn't happen!!!!
    You guys are right- let's not only cut him, let's kill his family and burn his house down, too.

Why do we always have to have a villain? Once again, how about we wait to see how the rest of the season goes before we cut him loose, eh?

If it makes sense to cut him by the end of the season, I'm sure they'll do it.

I'm just not quite done, either. DJ's great play in the 4th quarter was called off on account of a penalty for illegal contact away from the play, so you know what? It *was* a great play by DJ- just a bonehead mistake by another guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast