Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm impressed with Cassel

Default I'm impressed with Cassel

He has played very well so far in my opinion.
    He has been under pressure all year, and has stood in there. Cassle has also proven he can take a hit, and get right back up.
    It seems like the 4 or 5 times a game he actually has time to look over the field, he is accurate, and makes the most of it.
    Get the o-line shored up in the draft and free agency this offseason, and I think we are set at qb for several years.
    Last edited by Vandelay; 11-22-2009 at 11:02 PM.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    didnt cassel play golf? oh im sorry thats the coach..but cassel has almost the same football "experience".. not sold on him yet and may never be.
    I cant say that i am 100% sold. But with his play hes at least made me want to see more. Sure hes not lit the world on fire and throw up wowing numbers. But hes not surrounded with the talent to do that. With the talent around him I think hes done just about as much as you can hope to see from him. At least for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    didnt cassel play golf? oh im sorry thats the coach..but cassel has almost the same football "experience".. not sold on him yet and may never be.
    Some people never were sold on Trent Green either...

Im still nowhere near convinced thats hes a QB we should hang our hat on for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Im still nowhere near convinced thats hes a QB we should hang our hat on for the future.
    Doesn't matter really. Too much money invested to turn back for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Doesn't matter really. Too much money invested to turn back for several years.
    That's a bad reason to stick with a player, Cassel could be great one day right now he is not even good, but even if we think he will be great we need to pick up a good Qb in case he gets hurt or if he doesn't pan out right now we have Brodie who is okay when he stays healthy but unless he puts on 25 pounds of muscle I don't see him staying healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I agree completely, like I said he has not impressed me, does he suck no but I don't see him RIGHT NOW, as my future franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    His biggest flaw is holding on too long.
    Well, could it be that he has the worst recivers in the league, at least until Chambers came. Of course Chambers showed up and Bowe leaves for 4 weeks. No Tony G, little blocking and until recently no running game to depend on to take the pressure off, and an offensive scheme that's drawn up in the dirt every Friday afternoon that nobody has experience with. Oh, and no full-time OC. Hmmmm, wonder why a guy with so little experience might be hanging on to the ball so long and making some mistakes.
    If this kid doesn't get killed first, he'll be a great QB! He's young, has no college experience and 1.5 years in the pros. He's tough as F'n nails and once we get some stability around him (in every area) he will produce.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Well, could it be that he has the worst recivers in the league, at least until Chambers came. Of course Chambers showed up and Bowe leaves for 4 weeks. No Tony G, little blocking and until recently no running game to depend on to take the pressure off, and an offensive scheme that's drawn up in the dirt every Friday afternoon that nobody has experience with. Oh, and no full-time OC. Hmmmm, wonder why a guy with so little experience might be hanging on to the ball so long and making some mistakes.
    If this kid doesn't get killed first, he'll be a great QB! He's young, has no college experience and 1.5 years in the pros. He's tough as F'n nails and once we get some stability around him (in every area) he will produce.
    No because he did it with Randy Moss and Wes Welker on his team also.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    No because he did it with Randy Moss and Wes Welker on his team also.
    Oh, when he won 10 games??????? when it was his first start since HIGH SCHOOL!!! Give the kid a break. did you ever play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    That's a bad reason to stick with a player, Cassel could be great one day right now he is not even good, but even if we think he will be great we need to pick up a good Qb in case he gets hurt or if he doesn't pan out right now we have Brodie who is okay when he stays healthy but unless he puts on 25 pounds of muscle I don't see him staying healthy.
    You think so? I'd be interested to hear of any team in NFL history being successful with 2 highly paid QBs on the roster. I have a hard time picturing a team investing that kind of money in one position and still finding a way to be talented at the other positions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast