Thread: KC Fan from San Diego heading over for a game!

Default KC Fan from San Diego heading over for a game!

Hi all, I'm Larry, long time Chiefs fan, just hit my 2nd decade of being a fan this year. Never been to Arrowhead to see a game of my beloved Chiefs, but have seen them everywhere else. When I heard what's going on December 6th against the Broncos, I knew I had to be there.

So got the Tickets (great seats), got the plane set, and hotel is ready to go. Just one thing...

I never been to KC, and don't know anyone there. This is a problem for me cause I am finally making the trip to my football mecca. And I don't want to miss out on the tailgating experience from KC. Even Yahoo! Sports voted KC as the number 1 tailgating experience in America, and now, me being a total tourist, I fear that I will miss out on it.

Question is, is there like a tour service or something that offers a tailgating experience there? I've searched online but couldn't find any. Or is just like when I go to games at Qualcomm for my beloved Chiefs, do I just run around the parking lot wearing my Chiefs jersey, and meet up with other fans and share beer?

Also, I will be there from the 4th-7th. I'll be in the heart of Downtown, stay at the Westin Crown Center next to downtown. From what I was told, I wouldn't need a rental car, as this is in walking distance to a lot of points of interest.

Since this is my first trip there, any must see places? Also, I love food, where should my girlfriend and I stop to have unbelievable and unforgettable food? Especially that famous KC BBQ! Also anything touristy things to do near by would be good, as I'd be a tourist!

Thanks much in advanced for all the info!

Nothing?

Hello Max from a fellow long distance Chiefs fan who also has never been to the NFL holy land. I have no advise really to offer, but I do wish you an enjoyable time when you are there. Greetings and good travels, mate.

:cheers:

Hey man, I am also a long distance traveller going for the fourth time. Send me a pm and we can exchange some contact info and you are definitely welcome to come hang with us. While I am still finding new places to hang out, I have found some good restaurants and we willbe tailgating. Send me a pm and we can work out some details.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Welcome to the Crowd!