Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we in the midst of a dynasty?

Cool Are we in the midst of a dynasty?

We beat a really really good team sunday, and it got me thinking that Haley is doing things right. He is not taking the easy road, he is inserting his system on these guys, and it's paying off. I can honestly see us being very good next year like playoff good, even with Cassel as our qb. Are we going to be one of those teams like the steelers or pats or Indy that people are thinking we are going to go to the playoffs or possible the big one before the season even starts, what do you guys think?

I think you hate Matt Cassel.

He must have run over your dog.

I think we'll do good, but not playoff good. Playoffs would be nice, but there's a lot of work to do on the O line and WR's. I think playoffs could happen in the 2011 season.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

If he starts killing it I will jump on that bandwagon and tell you all you were right. But if he sucks then I want you to admit that he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    We beat a really really good team sunday, and it got me thinking that Haley is doing things right. He is not taking the easy road, he is inserting his system on these guys, and it's paying off. I can honestly see us being very good next year like playoff good, even with Cassel as our qb. Are we going to be one of those teams like the steelers or pats or Indy that people are thinking we are going to go to the playoffs or possible the big one before the season even starts, what do you guys think?
    Quick answer is yes.

I agree it will take a few years but now that Pioli is finding our new talent I hope he does as well as he has in the past.

Our problem is we have not been able to develop any young players and our roster resembles something of a fast food restaraunt in employee turnover.

The teams you mentioned all have players that have been in there systems for years. They are able to teach the younger players and when older players move on for whatever reason the system is still intact.

Patience will be the key as we watch our team develop.

Cassel has 25 starts now and is showing improvement. He had 15 starts with the Pats and then went to an entirely new system so all and all I am fine with where he is at now. The guy has a ton of heart and gives great effort every week.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

Wow that is correct!!! he hates cassel straight to the point!!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    If he starts killing it I will jump on that bandwagon and tell you all you were right. But if he sucks then I want you to admit that he sucks.
    I think, like any NFL player, that the guy has faults. He holds onto the ball too long, and behind our line, that's dangerous.

But he has lit things up when given the chance, and it has had some pretty exciting, encouraging results. It is beyond nice to know that we have a QB who can orchestrate a comeback drive even John Elway would have to be proud of- twice to send games to overtime, one more time to put a game in reach.

If he begins to make lots of stupid errors, or bad decisions independent of coverage, his line, etc., then yes, I'll be glad to admit he sucks. But fumbling because Branden Albert let a guy run almost untouched into his back is hardly Cassel's fault.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I think we'll do good, but not playoff good. Playoffs would be nice, but there's a lot of work to do on the O line and WR's. I think playoffs could happen in the 2011 season.
    I could see playoff good for this team next year. we do get to play the NFC west. Thats most years best way to turn things around. I could see it happeing. I would be surprised but its possible. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

I agree. Playoffs could happen for us in 2010. :)

DYNASTY?....... easy now. 8-)

I can at least guarantee you that we're not in the "midst" of a dynasty.... let's hope there's a chance that this is the embryonic stage of one!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast