Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 121

Thread: Reputation points

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default Reputation points


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm trying to understand these...I know that they are awarded by others, but I am slightly confused as to how many you get when someone awards them. I have 3 people that have generously complemented me in this way. However after the first 2 I had 62 points (or about 31 each) and the third gave me 38 more?!?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The only thing I really have against rep points is that the top however many are listed. I dunno, I guess I hate competitions. Well, and losing "popularity contests". Rep points are for saving the little posts of "Yeah, I agree," or "No, I disagree" without making it public or going through the trouble of pm'ing. I like the idea of "rep", I just don't see why there are point values applied.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,073
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    The only thing I really have against rep points is that the top however many are listed. I dunno, I guess I hate competitions. Well, and losing "popularity contests". Rep points are for saving the little posts of "Yeah, I agree," or "No, I disagree" without making it public or going through the trouble of pm'ing. I like the idea of "rep", I just don't see why there are point values applied.
    Who said anything about it being a contest?


  4. #33
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would like to see rep used correctly. Don't rep everything under the sun just because you might agree with everything. Rep an outstanding post. Too many people will just rep a post because a certain person posted it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,073
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I personally only rep on outstanding posts. I don't usually negative rep, unless someone is being a jackbag.


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Is a jackbag something Santa Clause brings me in his bag every year? It must be this time of year it brings the best and worst in people. (Like rep points)
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I personally only rep on outstanding posts. I don't usually negative rep, unless someone is being a jackbag.
    Yeah, I am with you there. I don't go throwing rep around unless the posts truly warrants it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yeah, I am with you there. I don't go throwing rep around unless the posts truly warrants it.

    Well apparently someone else does, because you are at full Rep!

    j/k

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well apparently someone else does, because you are at full Rep!

    j/k

    Unlike myself, Guru earns his rep through quality posts.


  10. #39
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,073
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well apparently someone else does, because you are at full Rep!

    j/k

    Nice one.


  11. #40
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Unlike myself, Guru earns his rep through quality posts.
    Guru? Does that guy still post here?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •