Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: History repeating itself.....Maybe.

Default History repeating itself.....Maybe.

In 1988, we drafted a DE. His name was Neil Smith. In 1989, we drafted a LB. His name was Derrick Thomas. The Chiefs went on to 6 straight post-seasons riding the defense anchored by these two.

FFW

In 2009, we drafted a DE. In 2010, we should draft a LB. Then of course we will be off to 6 straight post-season appearances!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

History most certainly does repeat itself many times! I think you may be on to something! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I like the way you think DC. I think we shoud too. And coincidentally the HOF LB we drafted from Alabama was the club's first Butkus award winner...McClain is the seond. :)

We don't want history to repeat it's self. It failed ultimately last time.

I want to make history.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We don't want history to repeat it's self. It failed ultimately last time.

I want to make history.
    The history of Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas is what we're referring to...that indeed is worthy of repeating itself! We had one of the greatest defense's in the NFL during their era!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

If we could repeat the time that smith and Dt were in Kc I would be one happy chief fan. At least on defense. It would be nice to get a diffrent result in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If we could repeat the time that smith and Dt were in Kc I would be one happy chief fan. At least on defense. It would be nice to get a diffrent result in the playoffs.
    You and me both! I still get goosebumps when I watch old Chiefs footage of the DT & Smith era...AWESOME!! The fact that they were best friends in their personal lives was awesome too...they were a team on the field and off!

We need both however...a great defense, and at the very least, a good & consistent offense. For now...I believe we're headed in that direction.

To bad we will not be able to draft from Nebraska a man name Suh, like we did when we drafted Niel Smith.

That does suck. I was really hoping we could play a 3 DE front too :(

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    To bad we will not be able to draft from Nebraska a man name Suh, like we did when we drafted Niel Smith.

If Suh can be converted to a LB then hell yes go after him, but he really doesn't fit the scheme. If we acquired him, we'd be obligated to trade him for picks.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast