Thread: KC Star : Growth of Cassel, Haley would be bigger than score

Default KC Star : Growth of Cassel, Haley would be bigger than score

As best I can, I’m going to ignore the score today. It’s irrelevant. The Chiefs don’t need to knock off San Diego and win a third game in a row to legitimize what we saw last week in their victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

More...

This is scary. Two almost positve articles in a row from Fatlock.

Yeah including this shocking line from him:

"He looked like a QB worth the $63 million Scott Pioli gave him." He even used Pioli instead of Egoli.

He even compliments the oline is a backwards sort of way:

"It’s a myth that Kansas City’s offensive line is so bad that it’s impossible for Cassel to play at a high level."

The first line though, "As best I can, I’m going to ignore the score today. It’s irrelevant" I think is going a bit too far. I agree with what follows, that being a 13.5 underdog we should be pleased if we give them a good battle and make good plays like we did last week. Making it 2 games in a row that we played a good game against 2 of the NFL elites. But I wouldn't say the score and winning is irrelevant.

Again, playing good, continuing our progress, and keeping it competitve with SD is what we reasonably hope for today. And if these happen and we fall short in the final score most of us we'll still be feeling satisfied and good how things are going. But of course we'll also be hoping for the win as the icing on the cake. It's hardly irrelevant.

To WIN would boost the team's confidence all the exponentially more. And the rest of the NFL and non-Chiefs fans would really take notice. I sure got a TON of comments from impressed Eagles fans this past week over our Steeler win. And such comments would continue should we WIN against the Chargers. :)