Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis Already Being Contacted By NFL Teams?

Question Charlie Weis Already Being Contacted By NFL Teams?

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis is telling people that multiple teams have contacted him, presumably because they are interested in him as an offensive coordinator. Schefter seems to think that Weis will be back in the NFL by next year. From 1997 to 2004, Weis was an offensive coordinator for the Jets, and later for the Patriots.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Well, it would be nice if KC was already talking to him.
    Maybe he'll come in before the end of this year, and we can fire our current O-Coordinator

Please K.C. hire a guy that consistently made one of the nations top recruiting classes and one of the country's best quarterbacks completely average.

College and NFL are two different animals. Weis may not be able to handle the kids with grades and things like that he is a great coach in the NFL. Just like some coaches are great in college and not in the NFl is is the same for others to be good in the NFL and not in college

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    College and NFL are two different animals. Weis may not be able to handle the kids with grades and things like that he is a great coach in the NFL. Just like some coaches are great in college and not in the NFl is is the same for others to be good in the NFL and not in college
    I have to agree. He has more than proven himself in the pros.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland made a run at him since they have Brady Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland made a run at him since they have Brady Quinn.
    I was thinking the same thing. Not, because of Quinn though, but because of Mangini. Mangini and Weis have history together and are friends with one another. Weis going back to New England is also a possibility. I know that if I was offered an OC job with the Pats it'd be tough for me to turn down. I mean look at how easy that job would be given all the offensive weapons they have.

^No way Mangini keeps his job after what he's pulled off in one year...

they'll have a new GM next year...and that most likely will spell Mangini's job...

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Well, it would be nice if KC was already talking to him.
    Maybe he'll come in before the end of this year, and we can fire our current O-Coordinator
    I don't know; I think the head coach is particularly fond of him.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Not, because of Quinn though, but because of Mangini. Mangini and Weis have history together and are friends with one another. Weis going back to New England is also a possibility. I know that if I was offered an OC job with the Pats it'd be tough for me to turn down. I mean look at how easy that job would be given all the offensive weapons they have.
    I really think the Pats dynasty has come to an end. Their defense needs rebuilt and Brady and Moss are approaching the tail end of their careers. Now its our turn. Weiss comes from the Parcels coaching tree and I'm thinking Piolis father-in-law might land Weiss right here...
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast