Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OUCH Chargers 43 Chiefs 14 GROWING PAINS!!

Default OUCH Chargers 43 Chiefs 14 GROWING PAINS!!

This game while the score will look like it did at arrowhead was different. This is one that shows the Chiefs have a long way to go. They showed very much that they are a young inconstant team. That being said at the very least they were ready to play at the start. They held the chargers to 3 and outs the first couple of times. Even got a couple of first downs. but then the turnovers started and it got ugly.

Positives
    Jamal Charles he played well. HE CANT FUMBLE. Thats what kept him on the bench with LJ here hes got to learn to hold on to the ball. But overall he ran well and thats a positive.
    The d early. They kept the chiefs in the game till about the 5 Minuit mark in the 2nd. Thats when the turnovers just got to much. The offense put them in a lot of bad spots. They were not perfect but They did play well early.

Negatives
    Cassie. He is in a sense a 2nd year QB. He showed that today. This is a night he will have trouble sleeping. He will grow from it. But this is one of theses growing pains games.
    Mistakes there were 4 turnovers and some penalties. Without them this is a closer game. And who nos what might have happened.

Overall this one is just a game teams in the chiefs situation go through. They will grow and learn from it I hope. This is a growing pains game.

Bring on the donkeys and GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Our defense is so bad beyond belief and always seems to get progressively worse as the game goes on.

I HATE Clandy Pendergast. I think he's a terrible defensive coordinator. The Cardinals defense was bad last year, and now it's pretty good with him gone. They were even ranked #1 against the run a few weeks ago. I think the biggest improvement this team can make in the offseason would be to fire him and hire a better coordinator.

Seriously, why is Brandon Flowers always 1 on 1 40 yards downfield? Why are our safeties blitzing every other play? Sometimes you might need those guys to help in deep coverage. That is after all why they're called "safeties". Fortunately Flowers is a very good corner and was able to make a play against a big, fast, and talented receiver like Jackson, but that won't always be the case.

I think our safeties are blitzing so often because it's just about the only way we can generate pressure on a QB.

As to why Flowers plays with such a cushion? No idea, but it's a good way to give up tons of yards.

Yeah, looking at his history, I'd say hiring Pendergast was a bad idea. Strangely, we seemed even hesitant as an organization to say that we had. Remember how we never made a big deal by announcing who the DC was for a while? Strange.

I was watching some old chiefs games recently, and the defense we used to have was so fun to watch. When some poor sap got the ball, he was immediately flocked to by 7, 8 guys. Quarterbacks hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I think our safeties are blitzing so often because it's just about the only way we can generate pressure on a QB.
    I know you're right. I hate that though. A defense needs to be able to generate pressure with 4 guys. We better acquire a great pass rusher and nose tackle this offseason.

I said that in another thread- we need a beastly pass rusher, and a drain plug in the middle.

Linebacker-wise, we have some good, talented guys that I hope we keep. The secondary? Well, I've been sticking up for Mike Brown in a difficult situation, but I've also maintained he's not a long term solution.

We need better coverage guys, and a better guy to coach the coverage guys.

I'm not willing to call Tyson Jackson a bust yet, and Glenn Dorsey is getting better and better, so we'll see how they look next year as well. I'm still miffed we let Tank Tyler go, but hey, it's not my call, and he's gone.

jb

No this is growing pains:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFmMcmigsQ"]YouTube- Growing Pains Theme Song - season 5[/ame]

What we experienced Sunday was:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GDcs8i2ng"]YouTube- BLOODY EXECUTION - BONNIE AND CLYDE 1967[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncptk5jBdrw"]YouTube- Training Day (Alonzo gets killed)[/ame]
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    The turnovers killed us plain and simple. The chargers have a dangerous Offense and we just gave the ball to them over and over again. It's Ok as long as we beat the donkey's I dont care we have one more win than last season already lol

Yep, agree...turnovers killed us. The tipped ball that lead to an interception seemed to be the 'tip' of them all, haha. :)

I'm with ya...wanna beat the Donkey's this Sunday, and win that game more than any remaining!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Yeah this game coming up would be one of the most satisfying to win because it's the Donks. But then so would our last game of the year because it's also the Donks. Hopefully we ruin their playoff chances!

But beating Fubbalo would be so satisfying too because they routed us like 54-31 last year and because they have TO. And beating Cinci would be so satisfying for the same reasons; revenge for last year and they have LJ!

That leaves Cleveland. But we better win that one because that would be too sad falling to a terrible team like them at our own place. So actually, let's win out the rest of the way and finish 8-8!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yeah this game coming up would be one of the most satisfying to win because it's the Donks. But then so would our last game of the year because it's also the Donks. Hopefully we ruin their playoff chances!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123