Thread: KC Star : Chiefs show their immaturity in loss

Default KC Star : Chiefs show their immaturity in loss

SAN DIEGO | There will be no mention of the final score. Honestly, once the Chargers eclipsed 30, I quit counting. It no longer mattered. The Chiefs showed their immaturity on Sunday. Winners of two straight and coming off a shocking upset of the defending Super Bowl champions, the Chiefs made the mistake of believing their triumph over Pittsburgh mattered on the West Coast.

More...

Whitlock shows his immaturity in his columns.

In his previous column he started by saying he doesn't care what the score will be; that it its irrelevant. Now he starts off with:

"There will be no mention of the final score. Honestly, once the Chargers eclipsed 30, I quit counting. It no longer mattered."

But I thought it didn't matter from the start? Oh well.

The he says:

"The Chiefs showed their immaturity on Sunday. Winners of two straight and coming off a shocking upset of the defending Super Bowl champions, the Chiefs made the mistake of believing their triumph over Pittsburgh mattered on the West Coast.
    Now they know better. Now they realize an opportunistic victory over a good team only means the next good team won’t overlook you."

So it's immature to believe in yourselves that you can pull out another big win 2 weeks in a row and 3 wins overall? The mature thing would have been to say, "Hey SD is a great team. I know we beat Pittsburgh but let's not be unrealistic to think we have a chance here." ??

Besides, I never heard Haley or Cassel or any Chief saying anything that smacked of overconfidence anyway. They were simply hoping to build on the great win of last week. They acknowledged how tough the Chargers are and have been playing at the outset.

So Whitlock says, "Now they know better. Now they realize..."

No, now YOU know better Whitlock. Problem is, you never let knowledge and realization stop you from doing a 180 from one column to the next.

Like I said last week, had the Steelers won against the Chiefs in overtime instead, Whitlock would have written that he KNEW the Chiefs didn't ever have any chance of actually winning against a team like the Steelers. He's just so smart you know. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Whitlock shows his immaturity in his columns.

In his previous column he started by saying he doesn't care what the score will be; that it its irrelevant. Now he starts off with:

"There will be no mention of the final score. Honestly, once the Chargers eclipsed 30, I quit counting. It no longer mattered."

But I thought it didn't matter from the start? Oh well.

The he says:

"The Chiefs showed their immaturity on Sunday. Winners of two straight and coming off a shocking upset of the defending Super Bowl champions, the Chiefs made the mistake of believing their triumph over Pittsburgh mattered on the West Coast.
    Now they know better. Now they realize an opportunistic victory over a good team only means the next good team won’t overlook you."

So it's immature to believe in yourselves that you can pull out another big win 2 weeks in a row and 3 wins overall? The mature thing would have been to say, "Hey SD is a great team. I know we beat Pittsburgh but let's not be unrealistic to think we have a chance here." ??

Besides, I never heard Haley or Cassel or any Chief saying anything that smacked of overconfidence anyway. They were simply hoping to build on the great win of last week. They acknowledged how tough the Chargers are and have been playing at the outset.

So Whitlock says, "Now they know better. Now they realize..."

No, now YOU know better Whitlock. Problem is, you never let knowledge and realization stop you from doing a 180 from one column to the next.

Like I said last week, had the Steelers won against the Chiefs in overtime instead, Whitlock would have written that he KNEW the Chiefs didn't ever have any chance of actually winning against a team like the Steelers. He's just so smart you know. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.
    Good post. We are rebuilding. San Diego is already built. Thats all...
    SHUT IT

Whitlock is def. a "glass half empty" kind of guy.

But the way everybody gets worked up by his columns is exactly what Whit wants.

Its one of the ways he keeps his job.