Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting news......Thoughts?

Default Interesting news......Thoughts?

Just heard a report that David Garrard will be the starting QB for Jacksonville and Byron Leftwich will be released or traded.

Who thinks Leftwich would be an upgrade to our QB personnell?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Just heard a report that David Garrard will be the starting QB for Jacksonville and Byron Leftwich will be released or traded.

He's a running QB and wouldn't fit in to our plays.....that being said we do need someone to run if our O line doesn't improve
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Run Forrest:d
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

How much better would he be than Huard or Croyle? Is it me or does he have a problem with overthowing the deep ball? I personally think he was overrated coming out of college. What is it with these Marshall QBs?

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    He's a running QB and wouldn't fit in to our plays.....that being said we do need someone to run if our O line doesn't improve

Leftwich is the one who is available...not Garrard. Leftwich is anything but a running QB. He's a stiff. He has a cannon of an arm, but his throwing mechanics and accuracy are atrocious. He'll make a decent back up somewhere, but he's got to have time in the pocket to have success. The only place I can think of where he'd be an upgrade is either Minnesota or Cleveland.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

He would be a reliable backup...we may need a few QB's with this O line
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post

I've not a clue.

That is all.

Leftwich looks big enough...try him out at tackle!!

Leftwich was actually released yesterday...so whoever wants him doesn't have to give up a draft pick or anything...however, I have to think he's going to go somewhere with a good O-line, because no one else would be able to give him a chance...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Leftwich was actually released yesterday...so whoever wants him doesn't have to give up a draft pick or anything...however, I have to think he's going to go somewhere with a good O-line, because no one else would be able to give him a chance...
    Ideally, Leftwich would want to go somewhere with a good offensive line. However, teams that have strong pass-protection probably have guys that they like. If you have a good set of pass-protectors, your quarterbacks tend to have more success.

Either way, I think that the Chiefs are definitely interested in some quarterback who has been cut. No NFL team carries just two quarterbacks into a season. Not that I'm aware of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast