Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles, coming into his own

Default Jamaal Charles, coming into his own

Kansas City Chiefs Insider

Good stuff on Jamaal. The next Priest Holmes maybe huh? that would be sweat.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Some of his knock on ball control also comes into play because of his returns as well. he has bobbled quite a few kickoff and punt returns.

The fumble he did have on Sunday is entirely his and his alone, he got stripped, he needs to learn how to decide that it is time to stop fighting for yardage and accept what he has.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Haley's reaction to the Charles fumble:

"If anything yesterday, it was Jamaal’s desire to make something more out of that run which early in the game he did. He fought and probably stood up longer than he should have on the first play of the game. But it was his desire to get a five-yard gain on the play just like it was there. There is just a fine line when to say when. There were a few defenders holding him up and we’ve got to get more guys around him protecting him and not allowing those two or three guys to come in and take shots at him."

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Haley's reaction to the Charles fumble:
    WOW, I think Haley read my post!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

iv alwayse said from day one that charles is better than johnson, but however no one can run to their potental without an o line, if we can get some lineman than i think charles could be unstopable!

Quote Originally Posted by brockmcmanis View Post
    iv alwayse said from day one that charles is better than johnson, but however no one can run to their potental without an o line, if we can get some lineman than i think charles could be unstopable!
    The O line has not stopped Charles from being impressive so far. But defently for him to reach his full potental the Chiefs have got to got to improve there O line.

Charles reminds me of Adrian Peterson, great moves and great break away speed. Remember a lot of people said he was to small to. Now they say he is the best back in the league. JMO

I've always compared him to Chris Johnson. Watch Chris Johnson play and it feels like you're watching Jamaal Charles, except with an incredible offensive line.

Most people probably think I'm a homer when I say that though. But both guys are right about 5'11" 200, both college track stars, and both incredibly quick and agile. Both excellent yards per carry averages.
    Last edited by yashi; 12-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Charles reminds me of Adrian Peterson, great moves and great break away speed. Remember a lot of people said he was to small to. Now they say he is the best back in the league. JMO
    slow down....he's not even AD in HS let alone in the NFL...and who said Peterson was too small to play in the league?

I've always compared him to Chris Johnson. Watch Chris Johnson play and it feels like you're watching Jamaal Charles, except with an incredible offensive line.

Most people probably think I'm a homer when I say that though. But both guys are right about 5'11" 200, both college track stars, and both incredibly quick and agile. Both excellent yards per carry averages.
    That'd be great if Jamaal becomes a force like Chris Johnson. I'd love to start seeing Jamaal get the number of carries like Chris does. Jamaal consistently averages over 5 yards a carry. Let's see how productive he can be with 20 plus carries per game.

However as you also pointed out:

I do worry about Charles durability since he's a small guy who refuses to go down, so he takes a lot of hits.
    So there's the consideration of whether to hand off to him that much. But I am at least happy to see him getting around 10-15 carries a game now, instead of only about 5 before LJ was dismissed.

Yeah for sure... in a perfect world for me, we draft a solid bruising RB and Charles gets 15 carries a game + kick returns, with the other RB getting about 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast