3 11.54%
  • No we just suck

16 61.54%
  • Yes but we have a bad coach

2 7.69%
  • Yes bring Vermeil back

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Dick Vermeil leave and take all our luck with him?

Default Did Dick Vermeil leave and take all our luck with him?

We were only down by one TD and then we get blown out, really bad snaps, freak interception of a helmet, and a fumble. It seems like when we had Vermeil we were a lucky team when something happened it was just usually in our favor. Hell we went 9-0 with no defense what so ever.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 11-30-2009 at 01:53 PM.

I really really miss Dick. Everyone loves and needs Dick. Dick would make everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I really really miss Dick. Everyone loves and needs Dick. Dick would make everything better.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Way to slant every answer to the question to fit your viewpoint. You could have a very lucrative career in doing stats and polls for politicians!

No, he just left us with no developed talent. Imagine what this team would look like if just his FIRST rounders became starters... NOT Jared Allen type starters, just starters in general. His drafts during his time here killed this team LOOOONNG before Herm got a chance to.

We use to be lucky, the refs were on our side alot more not too long ago, now the refs just hate us.

I think we had alot fo skill back then and alot of luck...until the playoffs.

Now we just are not that good of a team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    No, he just left us with no developed talent. Imagine what this team would look like if just his FIRST rounders became starters... NOT Jared Allen type starters, just starters in general. His drafts during his time here killed this team LOOOONNG before Herm got a chance to.
    Yes. People don't realize this. It didn't help Herm AT ALL. Herm can't receive all the blame. Some lies on Vermeil for crappy drafting and old players. Herm tried to rebuild this team from scratch because of this and failed but at least he gave us talent to build on.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Yes. People don't realize this. It didn't help Herm AT ALL. Herm can't receive all the blame. Some lies on Vermeil for crappy drafting and old players. Herm tried to rebuild this team from scratch because of this and failed but at least he gave us talent to build on.
    Herm can take most of the blame, and Peterson takes what is left. Herm was a horrible coach and had no idea at all how to build a team. Arguably his selections in the draft were barely better than Vermiel's. Edwards and Peterson both knew the position of this team. The effort to clean out all of the veterans was a conscious one, they purposely went down the path they did..

Vermiel tried to do what he did in St. Louis. You can say a lot about Vermiel, but one thing has to be said, that man knew how to build football teams to win. I am just not sure the current young coaches in this league have that figured out yet.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We use to be lucky, the refs were on our side alot more not too long ago, now the refs just hate us.

I think we had alot fo skill back then and alot of luck...until the playoffs.

Now we just are not that good of a team.
    I have said this before. Refs are like umpires. If you are a good team, they will tend to overlook small infractions, but if you are a bad team, they are going to call you on everything.

I am not saying it is correct to be this way, but that is how it is.

Umpires in baseball will give a larger strike zone to a pitcher that is close to the plate. Maddox used to piss me off to no end for the calls he would get that other pitchers would not.

The way it is for the Chiefs, we are not good enough to get a 20 yard carry, so if we do, the refs are going to be looking for that hold.

I have noticed it getting a little better though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yes Vermil was not the best drafter but Herm and Carl HAVE TO take alot of blame. Simply put Herm got a team that the next year was able to make the playoffs. Then it went downhill. It was Herm and Carl makeing the decisons when things went like they are now. The trade of ALLEN was STUPID. He was a young player that had alot of talent and they let him go. You DO WHATEVER it takes when you have a player of that talent. I do think Dick is a small part of whats wrong but most the blame goes on Herm and CP for me. They were the ones on call when things started getting ugly. Neither one took any blame. It was always Dicks fault or the players. That will never get you anywere. ITs not all herm and cps fault but they are the ones largely to blame. Not dick IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast