Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How long will it take to realize Todd Haley is your problem?

Default How long will it take to realize Todd Haley is your problem?

As a Broncos fan I take comfort in knowing that Todd Haley will be K.C.'s coach for the foreseeable future.

And in saying that, may you look forward to many plays like the fake punt inside a division rivals territory to break a winnable game wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The problem with our team is inexperience.
    That is very true. Hopefuly that will be changeing soon. with some good signings in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    ...as for the punt play when the play the coach call leads to a guy getting WIDE open IMO that does mean the Head coach put them in position to succeed...
    Really, so in essence-you're saying that a fake punt inside your own territory at the beginning of the 2nd half during a one possession game is totally justifiable because Haley "expected" it to work?

You're a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    This kid is funny...i don't think it's haley at all..in fact i like the fire he brings to the table...he doesn't take mistakes lightly and he inherited herm edwards team..give it time...and an example of him getting fired up was him going after bobby wade..i love it
    You get fired up when you have given your players the tools to be successful. To me it is clear Haley has not given this team what they need to win. You have to be a COACH, that means you help them figure out how to catch the ball, protect the ball, and move the ball.

You simply cannot just yell at them and expect them to play better. Expecially with this team, these guys need mentoring and they are not getting it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    This kid is funny...i don't think it's haley at all..in fact i like the fire he brings to the table...he doesn't take mistakes lightly and he inherited herm edwards team...
    Lol. What mistakes, like his own? Because I didn't see Herm call a fake punt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Really, so in essence-you're saying that a fake punt inside your own territory at the beginning of the 2nd half during a one possession game is totally justifiable because Haley "expected" it to work?

You're a retard.

I have been told that before.

I'm sure you have.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Its not all Haley. I Am hopeful for Haley in the longterm. He took over a bad team. Its going to take time to get this team turned around. Herm and Carl gutted this team. They are both gone now and that is a very good thing. Has Haley made mistakes YES. I dont think that fake punt was a terrible call. Did it work no but thats why they call it a gamble. Haley has more wins then a "proven coach" did a year ago with his players. You can not overlook that. This year its bad yes but I think the Chiefs are going to be good in a couple of years and partly thanks to haley but i guess that something that we will just have to wait and see on.
    My thing with the bolded matthew is that Pioli and Haley had the offseason (OTAs, mini camps, preseason) to right the wrongs but Carl & Herms guys can't be all too bad because the ones that they selected that are still here are the only ones on this squad that's producing (Charles, Hali, Flowers, DJ, etc) while the ones, Haley's guys (specifically Cassel, Brown,, McGraw) aren't
    Last edited by lucky_lefty; 12-06-2009 at 08:36 PM.

While I would love to be the one to intervene with alot of logic and statistics to make a Broncos fan look stupid......

All logic and statistics are on his side.

Haley has made a whole lot of questionable decisions since becoming the HC here. Questionable? I would call most of them horrible.

And he is absolutely dead-on about that fake punt.

Not that a fake punt is a bad idea. Just that the situation where he tried it is about as bad a situation as you could possibly choose to do that.

No matter how 'well drawn up' the play might have been, you know there is a certain possibilty that it might fail. Players may make a bad throw, a bad snap, a missed block, a dropped pass, or a number of other things.

And since a fake punt only happens on fourth down, that makes it much higher risk.

But so deep in your own territory makes it flat out stupid.

And even that may be overlooked if you are trailing late, and desperate for momentum.

But this was at the start of the second half, with a score of 14-6.

Now...

This isn't something that I am gonna hold against him, long-term, if he does find a way to make The Chiefs into a football team. It was only one game, and we were obviously out-classed in the game. (At least from that play on.)

But I am sure not gonna pretend like that was anything short of a horrible decision.

And for the thread title...

It took me about five to ten seconds to figure out that I didn't trust our new HC anymore than I did the last one.

I mean, who in their right mind tries to emulate The Arizona Cardinals? An eternal cellar-dwellar that made it to 9-7 last season? That is what we want to be like?

Because this is my team, I have no choice but to hope that he will become a great HC. But I most certainly do not believe that he will.

I believe that he was given a "free pass" for this season.

I believe that he will lobby for another free pass next season, with "gonna take awhile" comments.

I believe that he will make us a 6-10ish team for as long as he is here.

And worst of all, I believe that he will be allowed at least two more seasons for his "rebuilding project".

Alot of people here tell me that I just refuse to see the positives with this team.

But I do see the bright spots. It's just a matter of them being so few, as opposed to the huge darkness that this team has been for so long. (9-35 since the start of the '07 season)

BTW...

Jared Allen as favorite current Chiefs player? Yep.

A.) He is still a Chief in my eyes, dammit!!!

B.) Someone needs to step up and fill that position for me. Maybe if we can draft or sign an OT this offseason, I will get to change that. (Only Charles and Flowers are close to taking that spot.)

Lol. What mistakes, like his own? Because I didn't see Herm call a fake punt?

you right he would have ran the ball 3 straight times and punted at least they tried something

Kid azteca why are you on are boards anywhere...did the donkies forum kick you out for being arrogant? and the mistake i was talking about is bobby wade dropped a pass that shoudl have been caught dude...did u even watch the game

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast