Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How long will it take to realize Todd Haley is your problem?

Default How long will it take to realize Todd Haley is your problem?

As a Broncos fan I take comfort in knowing that Todd Haley will be K.C.'s coach for the foreseeable future.

And in saying that, may you look forward to many plays like the fake punt inside a division rivals territory to break a winnable game wide open.

You get fired up when you have given your players the tools to be successful. To me it is clear Haley has not given this team what they need to win. You have to be a COACH, that means you help them figure out how to catch the ball, protect the ball, and move the ball.

You simply cannot just yell at them and expect them to play better. Expecially with this team, these guys need mentoring and they are not getting it.

Yeah but there was no excuse for that drop

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern
    You get fired up when you have given your players the tools to be successful. To me it is clear Haley has not given this team what they need to win. You have to be a COACH, that means you help them figure out how to catch the ball, protect the ball, and move the ball.

You simply cannot just yell at them and expect them to play better. Expecially with this team, these guys need mentoring and they are not getting it.

Yeah but there was no excuse for that drop
    The "excuse" is that he is a haman being. And he is not Jerry Rice.

In fact, I remember, on a couple of times, where even Jerry Rice dropped easy passes for first downs.

I know he is a human being but he's getting paid to catch passes not drop them...that's the point i'm making..i hope he gets cut.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    I know he is a human being but he's getting paid to catch passes not drop them...that's the point i'm making..i hope he gets cut.
    Me too.

Hell cut all them linemen too. We'll just delve deeper into the "off the street" philosophy.

Sometimes, the pressure of having a coach who will act like a pr**k if you make a mistake can make a guy more nervous, and error-prone.

Not everyone responds in a positive way to public humiliation.

As player after player "explodes" on Haley, he will eventually have to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I would love to be the one to intervene with alot of logic and statistics to make a Broncos fan look stupid......

All logic and statistics are on his side.

Haley has made a whole lot of questionable decisions since becoming the HC here. Questionable? I would call most of them horrible.

And he is absolutely dead-on about that fake punt.

Not that a fake punt is a bad idea. Just that the situation where he tried it is about as bad a situation as you could possibly choose to do that.

No matter how 'well drawn up' the play might have been, you know there is a certain possibilty that it might fail. Players may make a bad throw, a bad snap, a missed block, a dropped pass, or a number of other things.

And since a fake punt only happens on fourth down, that makes it much higher risk.

But so deep in your own territory makes it flat out stupid.

And even that may be overlooked if you are trailing late, and desperate for momentum.

But this was at the start of the second half, with a score of 14-6.

Now...

This isn't something that I am gonna hold against him, long-term, if he does find a way to make The Chiefs into a football team. It was only one game, and we were obviously out-classed in the game. (At least from that play on.)

But I am sure not gonna pretend like that was anything short of a horrible decision.

And for the thread title...

It took me about five to ten seconds to figure out that I didn't trust our new HC anymore than I did the last one.

I mean, who in their right mind tries to emulate The Arizona Cardinals? An eternal cellar-dwellar that made it to 9-7 last season? That is what we want to be like?

Because this is my team, I have no choice but to hope that he will become a great HC. But I most certainly do not believe that he will.

I believe that he was given a "free pass" for this season.

I believe that he will lobby for another free pass next season, with "gonna take awhile" comments.

I believe that he will make us a 6-10ish team for as long as he is here.

And worst of all, I believe that he will be allowed at least two more seasons for his "rebuilding project".

Alot of people here tell me that I just refuse to see the positives with this team.

But I do see the bright spots. It's just a matter of them being so few, as opposed to the huge darkness that this team has been for so long. (9-35 since the start of the '07 season)

BTW...

Jared Allen as favorite current Chiefs player? Yep.

A.) He is still a Chief in my eyes, dammit!!!

B.) Someone needs to step up and fill that position for me. Maybe if we can draft or sign an OT this offseason, I will get to change that. (Only Charles and Flowers are close to taking that spot.)
    Once again I completely agree with you. Very well said. The donkey fan does bring up a very valid point as much as we hate the guy. You don't gamble like that period. I don't understand the people defending the call like "oh if they would have made the block it would have worked". Thats irrelevant because you don't do that on your side of the field with a chance to stay in it with a great punter that can boom it. The odds are against you.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I would love to be the one to intervene with alot of logic and statistics to make a Broncos fan look stupid......

All logic and statistics are on his side...
    ...This.

That!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    That!
    ...And, the other thing!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Once again I completely agree with you. Very well said. The donkey fan does bring up a very valid point as much as we hate the guy. You don't gamble like that period. I don't understand the people defending the call like "oh if they would have made the block it would have worked". Thats irrelevant because you don't do that on your side of the field with a chance to stay in it with a great punter that can boom it. The odds are against you.
    I no that most would agree but i just see this diffrently. I see what Haley was trying to do and hey this season a season were the chiefs are not going anywere i dont mind him trying to get life into his offens anyway he could. Did it work No but I think he was right to try to do something anything to get the offense going. Thats just how i see it. I no most disagree but hey thats what forums are for right.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I no that most would agree but i just see this diffrently. I see what Haley was trying to do and hey this season a season were the chiefs are not going anywere i dont mind him trying to get life into his offens anyway he could. Did it work No but I think he was right to try to do something anything to get the offense going. Thats just how i see it. I no most disagree but hey thats what forums are for right.
    I don't disagree that some trickery is a good idea. But that was just the absolute wrong situation to try it. You try that out at mid-field. Not near your own endzone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345