Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Dorsey and draft Ndamukong Suh if still available

Default Trade Dorsey and draft Ndamukong Suh if still available

I realize KC has needs all over the place especially offensive line, however I heard several experts say he is the best DT to come out of college in 15 years. If he's still on the board when KC picks, wouldnt it make sense to draft him? Is there a offensive lineman in this years draft worthy of a top 5 pick?

SUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrMYvaj5UA0"]YouTube- Suh For Heisman[/ame]

Honestly I am kinda liking some mock drafts that has us taking Dez Bryant he is a monster and I think will eb even more so because he didnt have to take the ebating of the rest of the college season

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Jackson was a GREAT pick... we werent winning the superbowl this year, or anytime soon for that matter so i dont see why everyone expects him to be lightning for our defense right off the bat... fans can be really stupid sometimes, and you are expecting too much if you think ANY d-lineman regardless of where he is drafted, to be a dominating force in his first year.

they are getting experience for the young defensive players...and offensive too. Dorsey should not be traded... it will just create another void, and if you use dorsey's pick for ANOTHER d-lineman, you can chalk up another year or two of him sucking before he gets good...which this defense doesnt need. They will all grow up together...

what we need is a safety who doesnt let WR's run free after they run right past our corners.... Mike Brown and McGraw are SORRY excuses for nfl starters...

And if you think we should trade Dorsey for a draft pick, and then use that pick on another d lineman, im sorry but that is just the dumbest thing i have ever heard... maybe you should try giving our young defensive lineman some TIME to learn how to play the game at a professional level... sorry they cant do it with nobody else for support, and only with a year or less experience...

Oh man, thank goodness someone else gets it.

Defensive line takes the most time to adjust to the NFL (after the QB position).

the reason they drafted jackson was so they could begin developing the 3-4 front. Without incredibly strong linemen to occupy double teams, the linebackers aren't free to make plays on the ball. It takes 3 years for DL guys to adjust. Essentially, 3-4 DE are like 4-3 tackles. They don't get upfield penetration. Well, they can, but it's not their focus.

If we drafted OL last year, our team would have become very lopsided. You draft DL first, and they will take that extra year to adjust, then you can bring in other players who can make an impact right away.

Personally, I think we make a move in free agency for a couple of guys.

I like Albert, but I would have no problem moving him back to right guard if there were a top tackle available.

Sadly, I think the best tackle in the draft this year isn't up to the benchmark we've seen the previous few drafts. So, we are better off getting either a top safety (if Berry is available), a wide receiver, or a DE/OLB with our top pick. In the second round we HAVE to address the right side of our line. Have to.

I don't think people realize just how big of a difference a good offensive line would make for this team.

I think Pioli has a very hard decision to make in April. Berry is a special player and is just what we need at FS.
    McClain is a beast at ILB, good in all areas and plays with a mean streak which the defense needs.
    On the other hand our biggest need is OL and there is only one LT that stands out above the rest and that's Okung from Okie State. He's every bit as good as last years top choices. Campbell from MD looks good but has a history of nagging injuries that causes him to miss playing time. If Okung is there at our first pick, we have to take him.

Ill take either Berry or Mays with out top 10 pick....

then you take OL at 35 or so, and with the pick from Tony G late in the 2nd we take a Wide Receiver (Briscoe!!!!)

A good rookie safety taken high (not out of the question), plus experience along the d-line would make our defense WORLDS better...

throw in another lineman who can actually start and not be a complete loser, and a wideout who can actually catch and make some plays deep down the field (Briscoe) and you could see quite a bit of improvement right there...

then with our 3rd rounder, draft the TE from USC.... matchup nightmare fo sho....

i like the sound of that :)
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 12-07-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Offensive line MUST be addressed, I don't think we can do it in the draft this year and I fully expect Waters to be leaving very soon as well. We HAVE to do something big in free agency this season if we want to win more than 4 games next season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Offensive line MUST be addressed, I don't think we can do it in the draft this year and I fully expect Waters to be leaving very soon as well. We HAVE to do something big in free agency this season if we want to win more than 4 games next season.
    But if 2010 is a uncapped year, the free agent group will s***.

I still want Gresham (TE) from Oklahoma, the guy's a beast. Barring any lasting effects from his knee injury I'll dare to say if he converts well from college he very well could be Gonzo like.

1. Eric Berry S
    2a. Jerry Hughes OLB
    2b. Jason Fox OT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast