Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we start Brodie?

Default Should we start Brodie?

Matt has not been playing good at all, I am not saying Brodie is better, but something needs to change he benched Bowe for dropping balls even though he played much better for a wr then Cassel for a QB, we need to send a message to the team that we won't put up with playing like crap no matter how much we pay your. Plus Croyle looked decent today and I wonder if he has learned anything being on the sideline, his passes looked good and his arm still looked strong.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 12-06-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    it doesnt matter what happens, he doesnt throw the ball on time~
    Thats my biggest thing with Cassle. He hangs on to the ball to long at times. He takes sacks sometimes that he realy shouldn't. Hopefuly thats something that he can cut out as he devolpes.

I don't think it's crazy to ask this, but I have to say that I have never been a fan of benching a QB after a bad game. Just ask Cleveland how well that works.

QB isn't the same as RB or LB. You don't want to get in your QB's head too much. Things take time. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his Rookie season. TWENTY EIGHT. Granted, he also threw 26 touchdowns, but Cassel is still in the positive when it comes to TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to Cassel's play, the only positions I'm concerned with are the offensive line. We need a wide receiver and a tight end, but he'll never have time for plays to develop without some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I don't think it's crazy to ask this, but I have to say that I have never been a fan of benching a QB after a bad game. Just ask Cleveland how well that works.

QB isn't the same as RB or LB. You don't want to get in your QB's head too much. Things take time. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his Rookie season. TWENTY EIGHT. Granted, he also threw 26 touchdowns, but Cassel is still in the positive when it comes to TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to Cassel's play, the only positions I'm concerned with are the offensive line. We need a wide receiver and a tight end, but he'll never have time for plays to develop without some protection.
    I can't believe you compared Cassel, Peyton Manning, I will forgive your ignorance because of your Van Damme picture of him rockin the mullet.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Should we start Brodie?
    Nope.

and he has done so well when he has started.

Too early to start playing revolving doors at the QB position...that is supposed to be one position where we shouldnt have to. For the love, Cassel needs time just like anyone else... I do however think we should re sign him after this season to remain as a back up :)

Croyle is made out of glass, and is not as mobile as Cassel. He would be eaten alive behind our weak line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Croyle is made out of glass, and is not as mobile as Cassel. He would be eaten alive behind our weak line.
    He is injury prone, but he gets rid of the ball quickly and can throw farther of his back foot then Cassel can with both feet planted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123