Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i wish some fans would have more patience

Default i wish some fans would have more patience

I for one am upset about the loss but come on it's not all haley's fault...he took over herm edwards team..he's working with what he's got as is matt cassel..i like haley and cassel..i like the fire haley brings...example did anyone see him getting after bobby wade after he dropped that pass...i still think kc will use all that salary cap money they have to work on this team..give it time...and there is on way we should start croyle...cassel don't have much to work with...if he has a better oline and some better recievers which i think they chiefs will be looking for this offseason he will be just fine..btw anyone see the argument between wade and haley..i think wade dropped 4 passes

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Blah blah blah, took over Herm's team blah blah blah.

Yeah he took over Herm's team, and Herm took over Vermiel's team and Vermiel took over Gunther Cunningham and the circle goes on and on.

Each coach has to take responsibility for what THEY put on the field. This is Haley's team and I don't care what Herm did, Haley has had a chance to put his mark on this team and he has done that.

He and Pioli did not sufficiently address the offensive line, they did not sufficiently address the defense and they have failed repeatedly to prepare this team on game day.

No matter what, this is Haley's team and he should be held responsible for what he has and has not done. Period.
    To a certain extent, you are right. But, it's one thing to take over a team like Herm left. It's another to take over a team like Josh McDaniels did or even the team Herm took over. I'm willing to give him another season. He's a rookie coach and has taken on too much responsibility. I thought retaining Gailey wasn't going to work and it didn't. They should have brought in someone else. I think Pioli is going to insist that Hailey give up some control and bring in a stronger supporting cast. At this point it would be fruitless to bring in an OC. They're going to wait until the off-season to shop around and to see who comes available from the college and pro ranks.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    To a certain extent, you are right. But, it's one thing to take over a team like Herm left. It's another to take over a team like Josh McDaniels did or even the team Herm took over. I'm willing to give him another season. He's a rookie coach and has taken on too much responsibility. I thought retaining Gailey wasn't going to work and it didn't. They should have brought in someone else. I think Pioli is going to insist that Hailey give up some control and bring in a stronger supporting cast. At this point it would be fruitless to bring in an OC. They're going to wait until the off-season to shop around and to see who comes available from the college and pro ranks.
    I hear Mangino's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I hear Mangino's available.
    To be the O-Line!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    To be the O-Line!
    i think we would be charged with to many men on the field

i think the next 2 games are winnable

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    To be the O-Line!

That's funny right there!

Well, goodnight Crowd! Parting is such sweet sorrow...yada, yada, yada...

Coaches Record in first year
    Mike Shanahan 7-9
    Bill Belichick 6-10
    Tony Dungy 6-10
    Dick Vermeil 4-10
    Tom Coughlin 4-12
    Bill Parcells 3-12
    Bill Walsh 2-14
    Chuck Noll 1-13

All these guys have superbowl rings, most have more than one. You cant REALLY judge a coach on there first year. There second year either for that matter. It takes time to implement a new system.

People could be right, he could be another Herm Edwards. Then again, he could be the next Bill Parcells. We will see in a few YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Mike Shanahan 7-9
    Bill Belichick 6-10
    Tony Dungy 6-10
    Dick Vermeil 4-10
    Tom Coughlin 4-12
    Bill Parcells 3-12
    Bill Walsh 2-14
    Chuck Noll 1-13

All these guys have superbowl rings, most have more than one. You cant REALLY judge a coach on there first year. There second year either for that matter. It takes time to implement a new system.

People could be right, he could be another Herm Edwards. Then again, he could be the next Bill Parcells. We will see in a few YEARS.
    Also don't forget Jimmy Johnson, who in his first season was 1-15, and went on to get a couple rings with the cowpokes.

Haley may turn out to be a decent head coach, but the man NEEDS an offensive coordinator.

Being the head coach and trying to call the plays is very obviously too much for him to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Mike Shanahan 7-9
    Bill Belichick 6-10
    Tony Dungy 6-10
    Dick Vermeil 4-10
    Tom Coughlin 4-12
    Bill Parcells 3-12
    Bill Walsh 2-14
    Chuck Noll 1-13

My complaints about Haley are not related to our current record.

It's primarily about his attitude toward the rest of the team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast