Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you honestly expect today?

Default What did you honestly expect today?

Look, I hate losing like anyone else. But what did you guys expect today? I've read on here that Haley should be fired and Cassel should be benched for Croyle. Talk about desperation. The Broncos have the 3rd ranked defense. We have the 30th ranked offense. Who do you think wins in that match-up? The Donks have the 17th ranked offense against our 31st ranked defense. Again, who do you honestly expect to win that match-up too?

The Steelers victory was probably a fluke in light of the fact that they've now lost 4 in a row and even worse, lost to the Raiders at home. But, we did play well and like any team rebuilding with a new coach, we are going to have ups and downs. The Steelers are clearly sliding backwards while the Donks are a stronger team.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I think we win over Buffalo and Cleveland. That leaves us at 5-11. Considering we won 2 games last year, we're already ahead of the curve. But the frustration we all feel has more to do with Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson and their complete dismantling of the Chiefs in pursuit of their "rebuilding." It is going to take time to get all of the pieces back where they belong. It's going to take some good draft picks and some more wins to attract free agents back to our franchise. It is NOT going to happen overnight or in one season. Hang in there guys.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

the broncos are overrated. They lost 4 straight, I assumed we would play like we did against the Steelers.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

You don't lose to all 3 of your division rivals AT HOME!!!

Anyway
    At least herm drafted well and left Haley with something. I don't think they completely "dismantled" the team like most angry fans do because he tried to scrap the old team and completely rebuild it and actually got good players. Vermeil left Herm with old players and no young talent other than, DJ, LJ, and Allen. Herm is a pretty sub par coach yes but he got good young talented playmakers like Hali, Flowers, and your boy Charles, etc. Vermeil is definitely a better coach overall.

We just need to WAIT now. Let these players grow up together. Don't tamper with it or trade young talent away period. I think Haley is a better coach than Herm but he has made absolute mind boggling calls. Pretty much solely screwed the team over with that 4th down call. Doesn't matter the outcome, you don't put them in a potentially VERY dangerous situation like that
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    You don't lose to all 3 of your division rivals AT HOME!!!

Anyway
    At least herm drafted well and left Haley with something. I don't think they completely "dismantled" the team like most angry fans do because he tried to scrap the old team and completely rebuild it and actually got good players. Vermeil left Herm with old players and no young talent other than, DJ, LJ, and Allen. Herm is a pretty sub par coach yes but he got good young talented playmakers like Hali, Flowers, and your boy Charles, etc. Vermeil is definitely a better coach overall.

We just need to WAIT now. Let these players grow up together. Don't tamper with it or trade young talent away period. I think Haley is a better coach than Herm but he has made absolute mind boggling calls. Pretty much solely screwed the team over with that 4th down call. Doesn't matter the outcome, you don't put them in a potentially VERY dangerous situation like that
    I am not so high on the Herm draft picks as I once was. Flowers is good Hali is playing well. And Charles despite his fumble problems maybe even give albert. But the rest I am not so high on. They might turn out to still be good. But right now i just dont no about them. This team has a long way to go before they are able to win.

Now that a few hours have past I realy Dont think things are as bad as they seemed right after the game. I mean if you realy think about it the Chiefs are getting blown out here lately yes but Its nothing the oppent is realy doing its the chiefs shooting thereselfs in the foot. Droped passes and turnovers let the game get more lopsided then it realy was. The Chiefs have to GROW UP as a football team and that takes time. Haley while hes not a great coach right now still could turn out to be a great coach. We are all just going to have to give things time and see what happens. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

What I expected, as a mod here, was if we won the euphoric reaction out of most of us, including me, much like that of the Pittsburgh win. Or, a loss bringing the type of site implosion that sparks a thread such as this one.

Not what I saw!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Not what I saw!
    Yeah, but your eyes aren't any better then mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, but your eyes aren't any better then mine.
    Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Look, I hate losing like anyone else. But what did you guys expect today? I've read on here that Haley should be fired and Cassel should be benched for Croyle. Talk about desperation. The Broncos have the 3rd ranked defense. We have the 30th ranked offense. Who do you think wins in that match-up? The Donks have the 17th ranked offense against our 31st ranked defense. Again, who do you honestly expect to win that match-up too?

The Steelers victory was probably a fluke in light of the fact that they've now lost 4 in a row and even worse, lost to the Raiders at home. But, we did play well and like any team rebuilding with a new coach, we are going to have ups and downs. The Steelers are clearly sliding backwards while the Donks are a stronger team.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I think we win over Buffalo and Cleveland. That leaves us at 5-11. Considering we won 2 games last year, we're already ahead of the curve. But the frustration we all feel has more to do with Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson and their complete dismantling of the Chiefs in pursuit of their "rebuilding." It is going to take time to get all of the pieces back where they belong. It's going to take some good draft picks and some more wins to attract free agents back to our franchise. It is NOT going to happen overnight or in one season. Hang in there guys.
    I like what you said! I was about to give you rep till I saw the longhorn avatar and signature. Sorry, no rep from this Husker fan. Good post non the less

It takes time! the biggest problem is if you have been a Chiefs fna for any amount of time you are not used to being this horrible. Well it happens and will continue to happen until we get the talent needed to play Haleys way of football. Give it a couple of years before we sacrifice the guy. Pray to god, Budda, Allah, the trees whoeevr you pray to that we get crennel and weiss to go along with haley. Pray to the great gods that we have a great draft (which I am VERY confident we will) Most of fall be a true fan and have faith I am tired of losing Especially to the bronchoes but just remember we own the series to date AND in the next couple years they wont be able to touch us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast