Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the word, boys?

Default what's the word, boys?

Just a nomadic Texan rolling through to say what's up, and here's to a good and productive preseason game 1 for both teams.
    Thank God LJ won't roll up 200+ on us on Saturday.
    I've always adimired Chief-style ball, and hope one day my Texans can have fans like the ones who rock Arrowhead.
    I'm michaelm on the Texans MB too, so feel free to stop by and butt heads.
    I know it's just preseason, but lets f***in get it ON!

Shoutout to Chiesfster on the Texans MB who stopped in with an invite to this site... the reason I dropped in.

edited to say, oops, f-bombs are automatically edited on our boards, no disrespect meant (to the faint hearted)!

Default Re: what's the word, boys?

Great to see ya here michaelm!!

I too look forward to some friendly "Smack". I went ahead and moved the Topic to the "Smack Talk" forum so we can duke it out. :-D

The Texans will find their niche soon enough, maybe sooner then a lot of people think. A full Reliant Stadium is foreboding; from what I understand Huston has a great fan base.
    We expect the Chiefs to perform well, but fear a rebuilding stint is just on the horizon.

WE don't rebuild. We just get used parts.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    WE don't rebuild. We just get used parts.
    Hey as long as those used parts have a few years left in them.

It will be interesting to see how the first strings match up against each other going full bore. I'm looking for much more production out of our defense this year, and there will be a drop off in the offense, but hopefully enough to kick a little Texan butt this Saturday. :evil:

I'm one of those guys who has a hard time talking smack to fans of a team that handed us our asses last year.
    Especially after our 2-14 season.

On the other hand, this is going to be a completely different Texans team than you saw last season.
    I don't know if it will be evident so early, but I really think that we will have a dominant DLine this year. I like the 3-4, but I don't think we ever implimented it well, and I'm glad to see it gone...
    We take a lot of flack over the Mario pick, but so far the kid is even more than advertised.
    It looks like you are seeing some shakeup in your OLine, so you will get more Mario than you want.
    To be fair, we have a lot of depth along our line, and there will be more contributors than just Mario. This isn't the front seven that LJ absolutely used last year.
    I'd like to thank you for trading for michael bennett... there was much talk of us negotiating with the Aints for him, and personally, he doesn't do much for me. I'm glad we never aquired him, although he will be a decent change of pace style-wise from LJ...
    that's all for now...
    maybe later I'll come back and we can talk about when the hell are the Chiefs ever going to get a decent reciever or something like that... but that's all for now...

Hey, all in good fun here bud; we appreciate your contribution to the boards, but I understand what your talkin about. If your gonna gun sling you've got to have some ammo. :-D

And youÂ’re right about our "O" line; the shake up has, if nothing else, proved to be a distraction from a fans point of view and fodder for the local media. It will be interesting to see how our revamped "O" line fairs against your improved "D" line. Preliminary reports indicate that the "O" line has been holding their own in training camp and that the acquisition of Turley has proven to be an adequate replacement for the recently retired Roaf. However, my enthusiasm is somewhat tempered until I see the revamped "O" line in game situation against another team. OH, sure they had their scrimmage against the Vikes but from what I understand it wasn't at full speed. We will see Saturday whether or not they can handle Mario.
    As for Bennett I think this is a good pick up for us and well worth a number four pick in the 07 draft, hopefully he will provide LJ with the rest needed to keep him fresh in the forth quarter.

Hey, it was great exchanging slap shots with ya, and I hope to see ya back soon! :pint: :-)

michaelm wrote:

maybe later I'll come back and we can talk about when the hell are the Chiefs ever going to get a decent reciever or something like that... but that's all for now...
    Hey!!! Our receivers are much better than decent. They may not be studs but the numbers they are putting up yearly are better than decent. :-x
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Hey!!! Our receivers are much better than decent. They may not be studs but the numbers they are putting up yearly are better than decent.
    I would disagree. Our starting receivers would not start on very many other teams in the NFL, if any at all. The best receiver we have is Tony G. The reason our receivers have put up any numbers is because of Trent Green and the running attack that Priest Holmes and LJ provide. Just my opinion.

Honestly speaking I'd say that our receivers have been adequate to the task given the kind of offense that we have run the last five years. Morton shows flashes when properly motivated IMO. Bo was a one season wonder. I think Dante is great; he has the speed necessary to pull away from on-on-one coverage. He is a sure hands guy, but is undersized in close coverage situations. JMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast