Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's the word, boys?

Default what's the word, boys?

Just a nomadic Texan rolling through to say what's up, and here's to a good and productive preseason game 1 for both teams.
    Thank God LJ won't roll up 200+ on us on Saturday.
    I've always adimired Chief-style ball, and hope one day my Texans can have fans like the ones who rock Arrowhead.
    I'm michaelm on the Texans MB too, so feel free to stop by and butt heads.
    I know it's just preseason, but lets f***in get it ON!

Shoutout to Chiesfster on the Texans MB who stopped in with an invite to this site... the reason I dropped in.

edited to say, oops, f-bombs are automatically edited on our boards, no disrespect meant (to the faint hearted)!

Default Re: what's the word, boys?

admin wrote:

I would disagree. Our starting receivers would not start on very many other teams in the NFL, if any at all. The best receiver we have is Tony G. The reason our receivers have put up any numbers is because of Trent Green and the running attack that Priest Holmes and LJ provide. Just my opinion.
    Sorry to hear you disagree. Our receivers still have to catch the balls that Trent throws. Eddie has posted back to back 1000 yard seasons and that just doesn't happen around here. Not saying our receivers are great, but I do feel they are better than just decent.

Just part of teamwork.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    admin wrote:

I would disagree. Our starting receivers would not start on very many other teams in the NFL, if any at all. The best receiver we have is Tony G. The reason our receivers have put up any numbers is because of Trent Green and the running attack that Priest Holmes and LJ provide. Just my opinion.
    Sorry to hear you disagree. Our receivers still have to catch the balls that Trent throws. Eddie has posted back to back 1000 yard seasons and that just doesn't happen around here. Not saying our receivers are great, but I do feel they are better than just decent.

Just part of teamwork.

...What a noval idea; now if our defense can catch on to that concept.

Looks as if the new Texans laid the smack down on the old Texans.

I haven't got to see the game yet but from what the radio announcers said; Printers sort of stunk up the place. ...Don't know if that's because he was behind the second and third string lines or because he is better suited for the CFL.

I went to the game, and when I got home, I skimmed through it on DVR.
    Printers showed flashes. He had some pretty good head scratchers, but he looks pretty dynamic to me.
    Overall, I thought our DL did pretty well against your OL, but LJ had some good lanes for a good bit of his playing time. Your guys opened up the middle really well.
    Our OL was suprisingly proficient. I don't think we allowed a sack. I saw more well formed passing pockets in this game than all of last season...
    we had a few rookies make good showings... Lundi is a player, no doubt about that, and Chris Taylor looks to make our squad too. Pretty good for a undrafted free agent.
    I may have been concentrating too much on my team, but honestly, no one really stood out for you guys other than your regular starters.
    And yes, I will admit that I saw your wideouts make some good plays...
    Maybe I'm just biased against them because I'm a big fantasy football guy, and your recievers have never really scored that well for me... Odd considering how good your passing game is...

Nice observations!

The Texans looked much better then they did in the regular season game against the Chiefs last season. The Texans "O" Line was getting a nice push up the middle. I saw both good and bad out of our "D". Mitchell did well in the cover 2, and Allen did a good job stopping the run on the Texans first possession, but then they gave up way too many run yards on the second possession ultimately giving up a TD. The Texans second and third teams ran all over the Chiefs second and third teams. The Chiefs would not have scored again had it not been for the mishandled punt at the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12