Broncos W 33–19
    Chargers L 19-20
    Broncos L 17-24
    Chargers L 21–22

Chargers L 7-37
    Chargers L 14-43
    Broncos L 13-44
    Broncos TBD Jan. 3rd

just something to think about...we were more competitive with Gailey's "gimmick" offense last year than the almighty Todd's offense. This guy sucks.
    I know people are going to say that I'm not a "true" fan for saying this but I'm running out of patience for him...I see NO progress on offense, none.

I think Hali is the lone bright spot on defense. Flowers has had his moments too but has also given up his share of big plays this year. The players have no respect for Haley (the Wade vs Haley shouting match on the sidelines Sunday) and I don't blame them..

2008 2 wins
    2009 3 wins so far

To me that can not be ignored. This is not haleys team, its the team he took over. I think that we should give him this offseason to get some more players that he helps to chose to judge. Has he been great no but its not like this team was no going anywere this season no matter who was coaching. Next year if this team still looks like this I will be right with everyone calling haley out. But i am willing to give him this season as a free learn on the job type deal. Maybe thats just me.

You might be right, its unfair to place ALL the blame on haley and you make a great point matt, 3 wins is better than 2. But realistically how much better is 3-13 than 2-14? I think we may have a chance to win another one or two games, but these last 2 weeks have been very concerning for me. I guess for me, I dont feel like 2-14, 3-13, 4-12 are all that different from each other...i'd like to at least see progress and the last couple weeks seem to be a regression to me. That's really just my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by dad005 View Post
    You might be right, its unfair to place ALL the blame on haley and you make a great point matt, 3 wins is better than 2. But realistically how much better is 3-13 than 2-14? I think we may have a chance to win another one or two games, but these last 2 weeks have been very concerning for me. I guess for me, I dont feel like 2-14, 3-13, 4-12 are all that different from each other...i'd like to at least see progress and the last couple weeks seem to be a regression to me. That's really just my opinion though
    I no that its not much diffrent to say that we are 3-13 as opposed to 2-14 but for this team right now its realy any progress is progress. I think anything to show some or any improvement is good thing right now and 3 is more then 2 thats just how i look at it. Babysteps are still steps. That being said this team does have to start to play better they have not played there best the last 2 weeks and that needs to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I no that its not much diffrent to say that we are 3-13 as opposed to 2-14 but for this team right now its realy any progress is progress. I think anything to show some or any improvement is good thing right now and 3 is more then 2 thats just how i look at it. Babysteps are still steps. That being said this team does have to start to play better they have not played there best the last 2 weeks and that needs to be corrected.
    We could've easily had more than 2 wins last year if it wasn't for some bad breaks and some extenuating circumstances. I mean we could of easily won either one of those Chargers games last year and had the same record we do now. That wasn't the point I think dad005 was trying to make though. I think the point he was trying to make was that were not showing progress as a team on offense. I think the point he was trying to make is that Chan Gailey is a much much better offensive coordinator than Todd Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by dad005 View Post
    Season ain't over yet, and we CAN beat Buffalo. We SHOULD beat Cleveland, and who knows with the other two games?

JB

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    We could've easily had more than 2 wins last year if it wasn't for some bad breaks and some extenuating circumstances. I mean we could of easily won either one of those Chargers games last year and had the same record we do now. That wasn't the point I think dad005 was trying to make though. I think the point he was trying to make was that were not showing progress as a team on offense. I think the point he was trying to make is that Chan Gailey is a much much better offensive coordinator than Todd Haley.
    You can say the same thing this season. We could easily have won week 2 at arrowhead against oakland we could have won against Dallas if anyone would have tackled miles Austin. We could have a couple more wins this year also but like last year we dont.

The offense has shown some signs off life at times. But nothing has been kept going. They cant seem to take what they got in one game and take that to the next game. But Chan had a HUGE wepon that we dont have now. Tony Gonzalaz helped to make the offense look better then it realy was. He made thigpen look better then he realy was. Haley does not have that weapon. You can say that was a bad trade I cant arguee but Chan had anther weapon that haley just dosent have.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    My main point was not that Chan Gailey was a better OC than Haley. He did however seem to give us a better chance to win last year, at least offensively. I only highlighted the games against the Chargers and Broncos (the Raiders are just the Raiders), but if you watched many of the games last year, we were competitive and had a chance to win many of them. 7 of our losses were by 7 pts or less.

I've said before that I understand that Rome wasn't built in a day, and that this year is a work in progress, I get that. Maybe I need to back off on Haley a little bit, and see what he does to our offensive line this offseason, as well as some of our other needs. It just seems to me that all these "changes" he has already made have translated (so far) into essentially the same results that Herm the Germ produced.

We could've won this game but........
    We should've won this game but.......
    We would've won this game but........

Fact is that the Chiefs didn't, PERIOD. Right now they have won win more than last year and regardless of how you look at it, its an improvement. There's still a couple games left and win a couple of them is a good possibility.

Haley "took over" a horrible team. He didn't have enough time to rebuild this team in 1 off-season. After 2 more seasons, if the Chiefs are still only winning 2 or 3 games a season, then we will all know if Haley isn't the right Head Coach for the Chiefs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

SIC J, I'll say it again how much better is 3-9 than 2-14? I just get frustrated watching all three of our division rivals come in and embarrass us on our field. 3 home losses to all 3 teams? Unbelievable. I hated Herm, but I firmly believe we would be 3-9 with Herm at the helm right now, and probably would have a more entertaining offense because we'd still have Gailey. I'll cheer for these guys week in and week out regardless of who is pacing the sidelines, but with every passing week I'm finding less and less bright spots to look forward to...

In these days of the NFL, it doesn't take years and years and years for teams to turn around. I'll give Haley another off-season to right the ship, and see what next season brings. But if things don't improve drastically in the coming weeks, Haley has got to be heading into 2010 in the hot seat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast