Thread: Can we go ahead and draft a solid 2nd round QB

Default Can we go ahead and draft a solid 2nd round QB

with the extra 2nd we got from the Tony G deal. I know I know our line sucks, but we have a first and a second for that, our lesser 2nd from Atlanta should be used to pick up a good QB, that can be mentored into a solid start in case Matt Cassel doesn't work out. The only reason I suggest this, is the fact that none of you guys think Brodie can be a good starter, isn't that what a back up is for so in case your starter sucks or gets hurt they can step in, right?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    with the extra 2nd we got from the Tony G deal. I know I know our line sucks, but we have a first and a second for that, our lesser 2nd from Atlanta should be used to pick up a good QB, that can be mentored into a solid start in case Matt Cassel doesn't work out. The only reason I suggest this, is the fact that none of you guys think Brodie can be a good starter, isn't that what a back up is for so in case your starter sucks or gets hurt they can step in, right?
    We spent our second rounder for Cassell this last year so in a way that would be like throwing away a draft pick. If we fix the line and protect what we already have and Cassell still sucks then yes, I wouldn't be against getting another QB and instead of using a second rounder I would use a first rounder in 2012 and make it worth our while. Between now and then I am sure Scott Pioli can figure out how to get some draft picks outside what we already will have.
    Chiefs Nation

dude oh my god no.

look, i understand the desire to backup the cassel investment, but honestly we need that 2nd rounder.

Assuming we have the #7 pick, then we need:

S, RT, RG, C, WR, OLB, ILB, NT

We need a lot more than this, but those are the positions that I think we need to address with the first three picks. That is to say, we must address three of them with the best available player.

To back up our QB when we need SO MANY other positions would be the only move we could make in the draft that is a complete failure at the outset. I guess if we draft another 3-4 DE. that would be an instant failure, too.

Drafting a QB would be terrible, especially in the 1st or 2nd rounds. QB is not even close to being one of our biggest needs.

I would much rather see a free agent then a draft pick. I dont think a rookie Qb would be to much better then what we see now.

First off all, if we had recivers that could catch...then maybe Cassel would look better, and it would make him feel more confident.

Second of all, Cassel looks horrid under pressure, give him more time in the pocket, and he might do better.

Finally, i ask you to read the article on the front page. Not saying it is 100% true, but it could happen.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>