Thread: Does Charles not have hops???

Default Does Charles not have hops???

Ok when we were on the one yard line....why didn't we go old school and go over the top like Marcus Allen use too...is it because Charles doesn't have hops or is the line not good enough to help us out on that??

My guess that they went with the toss play is becuse thats were they have been the best runing the ball. They have not been that good running the ball up the gut. Thats just how this team has been all season. But It would have probley been better if they did try it up the middle with some type of run. Maybe they get a TD and its a diffrent game. we will never no.

That play was terrible. 1st and goal from the 1 should always be a run straight up the middle. Regardless of the defense usually expecting this, it is a touchdown a very high percentage of the time, and at worst you get stuffed with no loss of yardage.

Haley just seems to be afraid of getting Charles hurt by running him between the tackles. Give the little guy a chance.

Its Todd Haley we are talking about here. Its a sin to run up the middle on the 1 yard line.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Its Todd Haley we are talking about here. Its a sin to run up the middle on the 1 yard line.
    Oh give me a break, when Larry was here, all he did was get stuff up the middle.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Answering the question: Charles Vertical jump in the combine was 30.5 inches. That was about average to slightly below average. Interestingly, while search for this I accidentally ran into Chris Chambers vertical results, 45 inches! Wow! That was second all time among all positions.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Oh give me a break, when Larry was here, all he did was get stuff up the middle.
    When did we ever run up the middle at the one with him or anyone? I recall LJ only running to the right side on the edge of the o line which he got stuffed. We never ran it straight up the middle. I know nobody can run up the middle period but they should try it sometime.
    It starts with the Offensive line