Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Say Hello To Mediocrity (Not A Troll Thread Either)

Default Well, Say Hello To Mediocrity (Not A Troll Thread Either)

Guess Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder got their wish....I know this isn't Chiefs related but this WILL effect all of us(NFL fans) in the end....

NFL to pull plug on $100 million revenue-sharing program - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Watch the CFL!!
    Lets not and say we did

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Watch the CFL!!
    no offense Canada, but Candians shouldnt play football....they should stick to hockey.

But I have no problem with Canadians liking Chiefs football
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Makes you wonder about not spending the cap dollars, was it to get past this uncapped season? I feel this is just a bargaining ploy for the players union, by the owners. You would think that the smaller market owners will raise hell over this.

man, i cant wait until the World Cup....

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    Too add on to this, I've also heard rumblings of after this current TV contract is up that the league is considering instead of having packages like Sunday Ticket & etc...that they may start having all games on PPV which would really suck. If any of this is allowed to take place then I'm back to just rooting for CFB & MLB even though that salary structure is flawed as well.

If that's the case then it'll be back to listening to the game on the radio for me.

Too add on to this, I've also heard rumblings of after this current TV contract is up that the league is considering instead of having packages like Sunday Ticket & etc...that they may start having all games on PPV which would really suck. If any of this is allowed to take place then I'm back to just rooting for CFB & MLB even though that salary structure is flawed as well.
    I dont think the NFL would do this. They would take such a hit in $ becuse there would be a large group of fans that either dont have the money to pay for the games every week or will be so ticked off that they have to pay for them that they wouldn't. I no I would be pretty ticked off if the NFL did that.

I believe their whole premise behind the PPV games was to eliminate the blackouts. If more & more blackouts occur, I wouldn't see it being out of the question. Especially w/ the NFL being more of an entity than ever, this isn't so far fetched and only adds a more lucrative stream of finances via advertisers, sponsors, etc...

It took MLB years to recover fan support after the historic strike, and I don't think even now it's as popular with fans as it was pre-strike. Apparently the NFL needs to take a look at what happened to MLB relating to fan anger over 'money', which is what the strike was all about...and no consideration for the fans at all was a factor to either side.

This of course isn't a strike situation, but it's similar in nature since it's all about 'money', and no consideration for the fans at all. This country is in economic disaster, and they are wanting to charge fan's money more or less to watch a game on TV at home?...guess they assume fan's will pay the price, regardless.

It's a shame as it is that fan's can't afford to take their kids to a game very often, nor oneself for that matter. The average price for a single Chiefs ticket is $100, plus parking $22, then add $7.50 per bottle of beer, or $5.00 for one soft drink, and so on.

I don't think a losing Chiefs team can afford to increase the cost of watching a game at home or at Arrowhead...considering the number of empty seats now at Arrowhead each home game. :(
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 12-09-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typo

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I believe their whole premise behind the PPV games was to eliminate the blackouts. If more & more blackouts occur, I wouldn't see it being out of the question. Especially w/ the NFL being more of an entity than ever, this isn't so far fetched and only adds a more lucrative stream of finances via advertisers, sponsors, etc...
    If they wherent so greedy, then less blackouts would occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    This is just another example of an overall failing materialistic greedy society, of which a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of setting social examples of failure in integrity, of principle, value, & morally.
    Get off your F'n soap box! "a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of blah, blah, blah. I seriously doubt the majority of people that risked everything to get ahead, and to provide jobs for the rest of us, are morally evil. In fact I'd say the majority are very kind, giving, charitable people. I'm willing to bet you make your living off of people like that, and that doesn't bother you a bit, does it. Everytime I get on here to read about football, I read somehting like this that ruins it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast