Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Say Hello To Mediocrity (Not A Troll Thread Either)

Default Well, Say Hello To Mediocrity (Not A Troll Thread Either)

Guess Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder got their wish....I know this isn't Chiefs related but this WILL effect all of us(NFL fans) in the end....

NFL to pull plug on $100 million revenue-sharing program - ESPN

That is a very bad situation for professional football.

Consider it an opening of the flood gates to turn the NFL into MLB. It would be a matter of time until you are looking at a yankees like billion dollar payroll becoming the cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a huge doucher.

Money can't necessarily buy a championship or the yankees would win the series every year. What it will do is turn the lower market NFL teams into the Royals. There is already becoming to wide of a gap between the upper and lower teams in the NFL, this would be the dagger that kills what competition we have grown to love.

Lets hope the NFLPA can do something to stop this nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    That is a very bad situation for professional football.

Consider it an opening of the flood gates to turn the NFL into MLB. It would be a matter of time until you are looking at a yankees like billion dollar payroll becoming the cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a huge doucher.

Money can't necessarily buy a championship or the yankees would win the series every year. What it will do is turn the lower market NFL teams into the Royals. There is already becoming to wide of a gap between the upper and lower teams in the NFL, this would be the dagger that kills what competition we have grown to love.

Lets hope the NFLPA can do something to stop this nightmare.
    That's the thing, I think NFLPA will only be looking out for its best interest which is sad

wow, i am a sad, sad panda after reading this :( PLEASE do not turn the NFL into MLB....what a joke

wow.. this, along with the salary cap are two of the biggest things that keep parity in football.. it almost makes me sick the direction the league is taking, this, adding games, even more international games. ugh.

There's also talks of extending the regular season and shortening the pre-season as well. This is all just terrible. Why can't they realize that what's not broke doesn't need fixin'. The NFL is great just the way it is.

This is just another example of an overall failing materialistic greedy society, of which a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of setting social examples of failure in integrity, of principle, value, & morally.

Possibly if fans stood up in opposition and in numbers of which could not be ignored...this devasting action could be prevented? It seems too many become complacent with accepting what they're against...no? Possibly an on line petition similar to that of the one against LJ that drew nationwide attention, as well as the NFL's & Chiefs organization?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Too add on to this, I've also heard rumblings of after this current TV contract is up that the league is considering instead of having packages like Sunday Ticket & etc...that they may start having all games on PPV which would really suck. If any of this is allowed to take place then I'm back to just rooting for CFB & MLB even though that salary structure is flawed as well.

Watch the CFL!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

What would be great is if we had a professional sport where no team had an advantage over the other. Crazy f*cking concept! The NFL is the last fair sport so I figured this day was coming...

I guess ill be watching Collage Football, oh wait thats another flawed system... Golf? F.U. Jerry Jones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast