Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Down List

Default Cut Down List

Chiefs Place Holmes on NFI; Release 20 Others

Sep 01, 2007, 5:01:00 PM

Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Saturday that the club has made 21 transactions in order to comply with today’s NFL mandatory roster cutdown to 53 players. NFL teams can designate an eight-man practice squad beginning on Sunday, September 2nd.
    Kansas City placed RB Priest Holmes on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released WR Brad Ekwerekwu, S Marlon Fair, DT Kiki Gonzalez, WR Chris Hannon, FB Gilbert Harris, DE Michael Heard, G Rob Hunt, DT Patrice Majondo-Mwamba, DE Montez Murphy, T James Newby, RB Marcus O’Keith, CB Justin Phinisee, CB Will Poole, QB Casey Printers, WR Ean Randolph, LB Nick Reid, LB Rich Scanlon, G Tre Stallings, QB Jeff Terrell and TE Keith Willis
    Holmes (5-9, 213) has started 61 games for the Chiefs, rushing 1,275 times for a club-record 5,933 yards (4.7 avg.) with 76 TDs and catching 246 passes for 2,360 yards (9.6 avg.) with seven scores. He originally joined the club as an unrestricted free agent from Baltimore in 2001. He has played in 109 regular season contests (80 starts), carrying the ball 1,734 times for 8,035 yards (4.6 avg.) with 86 TDs and catching 334 passes for 2,945 yards (8.8 avg.) with eight TDs.
    ZONA

I see that They cut Printers and Terrell. I wonder if this should be a hint about the Byron Leftwich rumors?

Sorry to see Chris Hannon get cut. I thought he had showed some promise during pre-season. We certainly need help in the wide receiver dept., especially until Bowe gets up to speed. I wonder if picking up Doug Gabriel off waivers would be something to consider.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Sorry to see Chris Hannon get cut. I thought he had showed some promise during pre-season. We certainly need help in the wide receiver dept., especially until Bowe gets up to speed. I wonder if picking up Doug Gabriel off waivers would be something to consider.
    I'm gonna bet against that one. I think the Chiefs are happy with the group of recievers that they have. Purely speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm gonna bet against that one. I think the Chiefs are happy with the group of recievers that they have. Purely speculation though.
    But the thing about it though, is what do they have to be happy about? Webb has shown the only promise so far. (leaving Gonzalez out of it. After all, Tony is Tony) Parker didn't improve, he still has concrete hands. Kennison is strictly a possesion receiver. But, you're probably right, the Chiefs have a history of waiting on personnel decision and won't pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    But the thing about it though, is what do they have to be happy about? Webb has shown the only promise so far. (leaving Gonzalez out of it. After all, Tony is Tony) Parker didn't improve, he still has concrete hands. Kennison is strictly a possesion receiver. But, you're probably right, the Chiefs have a history of waiting on personnel decision and won't pick him up.
    Well, Kennison continues to get underrated, as you have done and Bowe and Webb are going to be hot after Parkers job. Then you have Drummond, who appearently is here to take over kick return duties and they are pretty happy with Sippio.

While I think it would be a good idea to bring in Gabriel, I just don't think the Chiefs will bother.

I see that They cut Printers and Terrell. I wonder if this should be a hint about the Byron Leftwich rumors?

It would also explain why priest is on the injured list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I except nothing as explanation for that.

Well, Kennison continues to get underrated, as you have done and Bowe and Webb are going to be hot after Parkers job. Then you have Drummond, who appearently is here to take over kick return duties and they are pretty happy with Sippio.

While I think it would be a good idea to bring in Gabriel, I just don't think the Chiefs will bother.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Kennison is a very good receiver. But he's not a deep threat and he doesn't scare any DBs with his speed. j/k. I think the Chiefs see him for what he is. A sure handed receiver that will go over the middle and get the hard yardage, why else would they have drafted Bowe? I hope that Webb and Bowe progress quickly. Drummond will mainly be a return guy, maybe he'll work his way into a receiver position, who knows? Obviously, the Chiefs needs some depth at receiver, why not bring Gabriel in for a look. But, you're probably right, the Chiefs won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Do you think Leftwich would consider a back up position to start with? Because you know that would be the situation until he learned the system and then be waiting in the wings if and when Huard stumbles. Plus, he probably wouldn't come here unless he was assured a reasonable chance to start somewhere in the future. Then, what type of message would that send to Huard? Food for thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast