Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Proof Benard Pollard Sucks!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Proof Benard Pollard Sucks!


    0 Not allowed!
    Scout.com: No Respect: Most-Targeted Defenders

    This article says he has the worst burn rate(72.2%) in the league while being targeted often.

    From what I can tell all burn rate means is that 72.2% of passes thrown at him are completed.

    He Sucks!

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    What kind of lame thread is this?

    Pollard went to the Texans as a third stringer.

    He has since earned starting S. And has done nothing but help that D.
    In run defense, yes. In pass coverage, he's been as big of a liability as you can have.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    What kind of lame thread is this?

    Pollard went to the Texans as a third stringer.

    He has since earned starting S. And has done nothing but help that D.
    Apparently 72.4% of the time he's done nothing but hurt that D.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    With Mike Brown it's just dumb luck, huh?

    classic straw man argument.

    go back and take a look at the tape. In this particular case YES THEY WHERE DUMB LUCK!

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    So wait a minute- Flowers and Studebaker didn't come up with those INTs, and those INTs were "gimmes", so isn't it fortunate, then, that someone was there to get them? Isn't that what an opportunistic safety would/should do? How he made them is irrelevant- the fact is, he made them, and one of them sealed a victory against the super bowl champs.

    Pollard, according to the first stat posted in this thread, apparently can't pursue either.

    So I guess when Pollard, Flowers, or anyone else gets an interception that's skill. With Mike Brown it's just dumb luck, huh?
    Studebaker and Flowers jumped the routes. Every INT that Brown has besides 1 was tipped up in the air by someone else.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    classic straw man argument.

    go back and take a look at the tape. In this particular case YES THEY WHERE DUMB LUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Studebaker and Flowers jumped the routes. Every INT that Brown has besides 1 was tipped up in the air by someone else.

    Sorry fellas- the balls were tipped in the air, and Mike Brown came down with them to make them interceptions. Flowers had his hands on at least one of them and failed to come down with it. You're just not going to convince me that they are somehow lesser turnovers because they were tipped.

    But to keep focus here, my point is that Mike Brown has played every bit as good as Pollard (Hallowed be his name), and some people just refuse to see or admit that.

    Fact is, I don't care HOW he came down with the interceptions- it doesn't matter. They were turnovers KC had. And what all of the Pollard disciples seem unwilling to do is realize that he is not a chief any more, and there's nothing we can do about it.

    I don't understand why Bernard Pollard getting cut had to create a bad guy in Mike Brown.

    We need to draft/sign some better DBs, but I think Mike has done ok back there. Not great, but ok.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Sorry fellas- the balls were tipped in the air, and Mike Brown came down with them to make them interceptions. Flowers had his hands on at least one of them and failed to come down with it. You're just not going to convince me that they are somehow lesser turnovers because they were tipped.

    But to keep focus here, my point is that Mike Brown has played every bit as good as Pollard (Hallowed be his name), and some people just refuse to see or admit that.

    Fact is, I don't care HOW he came down with the interceptions- it doesn't matter. They were turnovers KC had. And what all of the Pollard disciples seem unwilling to do is realize that he is not a chief any more, and there's nothing we can do about it.

    I don't understand why Bernard Pollard getting cut had to create a bad guy in Mike Brown.

    We need to draft/sign some better DBs, but I think Mike has done ok back there. Not great, but ok.
    Ahh, but the point that I feel keeps getting overlooked here is that Pollard is young and has his best years in front of him. Brown is on his way to retirements, he is already losing a step.

    Pollard was a serviceable player who had a bright future, something this team needs, and Haley simply released him in order to keep his favorite safety... Brown. Yes, that's right, Haley likes Brown saying that he is one of the best safeties in the game. OK, I am not seeing it, but if Pollard was almost as good as Brown with only three years of playing time, what would he be in two, three or more years.

    Strikes me funny we could not have found a way to keep him around. But hey, he is gone now and we are not as good of a team for the loss in my opinion.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Girls never shut up and here's the proof!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 01:21 AM
  2. Today Sucks
    By Canada in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 04:11 AM
  3. KU sucks, yet still manages to win.
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 04:12 AM
  4. HERM sucks!!!
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
  5. LJ is a people person -I have proof !
    By YZILLA in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •