Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cassel isn't the next Trent Green

Default Cassel isn't the next Trent Green

He is the next Elvis Grbac. Both about 6"5 240, both played for great teams (Grbac 49ers in the 90's and Cassel the Patriots) and looked good on them, both drafted in the later rounds, both were backups to great qb's Grbac had Steve Young and Cassel had Tom Brady both were picked up by the Chiefs and reality sank in.

That is an interesting what-if. If we hadn't picked anyone up, I'm guessing Croyle would have started the season until he was injured in the first 0.3 seconds of the season opener and then Thigpen would have came in.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Okay, okay...let's do this right.

The Patriots - can we assume that Brady would have one at least ONE more game than cassel did as a starter? That puts them in the playoffs.

This year, Matt Cassell remains the backup in New England.

Denver - Jay Cutler is still the quarterback in denver, since mcdaniels wouldn't be trying to trade for Cassell. Would they have even hired Josh McDaniels? I would say so, considering the success of the pats offense.

Chicago - Orton remains on the bears squad, who likely use their first round pick on an offensive lineman like Michael Oher to replace their retirees. they also keep their other picks and can fill in a lot of the pieces they are missing. there is no weird Urlacher tension at the start of the year. Bears have a better record, better offensive line, and probably another defender to replace Mike Brown.

that means that my fantasy team would probably have another win or two, because Forte would have better blocking.

kansas city would have drafted Mark Sanchez with our third overall pick.

That's my take.

that, and I would have a first round bye in my fantasy league.

thanks a lot, bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

that, and I would have a first round bye in my fantasy league.

thanks a lot, bernard.
    It always comes down to people's fantasy teams.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That is an interesting what-if. If we hadn't picked anyone up, I'm guessing Croyle would have started the season until he was injured in the first 0.3 seconds of the season opener and then Thigpen would have came in.
    Thigpen was already our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thigpen was already our starter.
    Thigpen might have been the starter last year but the way things went I think Brodie would have won the job if we didnt have Cassle. Who nos how long Brodie would have lasted. But I think that Thigpen still would have struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Thigpen might have been the starter last year but the way things went I think Brodie would have won the job if we didnt have Cassle. Who nos how long Brodie would have lasted. But I think that Thigpen still would have struggled.
    Even though Thigpen won more games, and ended up taking the job from Brodie? No I don't think so, Thigpen was our starter between him and Croyle.

Well assuming we still hired Pioli and Haley (I don't see why that would have changed), Croyle surpassed Thigpen on the depth chart before the preseason started this year anyway.

This has to be the stupidest thread i think i've ever seen posted. Go back to trent greens' first season with the chiefs..i remember getting mad becasue he kept throwing interceptions..if memory serves me right he had more interceiptions then td's his first season with kc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234