Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Shelf RB Priest Holmes For The Year

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs Shelf RB Priest Holmes For The Year

The Chiefs placed Priest Holmes on the Non-Football Injury list today, ending his season. The whole Holmes saga was bizarre and this could be an appropriate, if sad, ending to his career. We believe Holmes won't get paid now, and he's not eligible to play elsewhere.

Source: Rotoworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes, but there are many players that i LOVE as a player similiar to johnson...such as owens and moss.

but i dont see johnson making great cuts OR overpowering anyone.

i just never saw anything special in him really. that is outside of my biast opinions for him. take away the biast....and what has he done really?

yeah i was a huge fan when he replaced priest and was doing well for the rest of that season. but last year, where he was the full time starter, he didnt impress me. he had the most carries in the nfl...but big deal, he wasnt averaging an insane amount of yards...

..but i will leave this end of the argument open...the playcalling is not helping his case...so maybe he is better than i see he is. time will tell. im open minded. i can be wrong. i have been wrong before.
    You think LJ wasn't watching and learning from Priest?

He is ready to follow his blockers.

It would be nice to see him run outside a few times.

Banging your head against a brick wall is what HERM is doing to him.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Herm could call the same play...and change the formation and it would go a long way to improving the results...running up the middle is fine, but reduce the hats in the box, especially for a larger power runner. If you spread Bowe out to one side and a Parker/Webb to the other (Kennison when he returns) you force the defense to move someone (likely the safety that they've been putting in the box) out on the extra WR. Putting TG split out wide would only enhance this effort...then run LJ up the gut and you go somewhere...or
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Herm could call the same play...and change the formation and it would go a long way to improving the results...running up the middle is fine, but reduce the hats in the box, especially for a larger power runner. If you spread Bowe out to one side and a Parker/Webb to the other (Kennison when he returns) you force the defense to move someone (likely the safety that they've been putting in the box) out on the extra WR. Putting TG split out wide would only enhance this effort...then run LJ up the gut and you go somewhere...or
    I'm with you there guy.

Why can't this HERM guy look at other teams/defenses/offenses and get a clue?

I know I am not a football genius but EVEN I know that!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    DrunkHillbilly: If there are 8 guys on the line of scrimmage, you need 5 HOF'ers, plus a good tight end & pro-bowl fullback to "create running lanes". This is not the #1 o-line in the league, but they are good. Throw a couple of times on first down, pick up some yards, make 'em keep a linebacker or two playing off the line, then the running lanes come...
    I don't disagree with your statement but are you telling me that the RB wasn't getting hit two steps after the hand off?

A screen doesn't have to be to LJ...a WR screen can be even more effective against a blitz than a HB screen. Although giving LJ the ball on the outside with LBs like Merriman who'll chase the QB almost everytime will get him big yardage, not decapitated.
    I understand you thoughts but a true screen is to the RB. As far as giving LJ the ball on the outside, LB's are not the only one's in the box when they bring 8 or 9. You know those corners will be waiting in the wings for that play. I agree that we should use it once in a while but I think it all starts up front with the line creating lanes for the RB so we can have a few different dimensions to our offense.

This is a point that I have been trying to make for years!!!! However, I was making it due to the fact that we have not had more than one WR and TG for years. When you don't have those weapons on the outside, nobody fears them therefore loading the box! Parker and Webb, if they can catch two balls a piece a game, 1st, I will be surprised, but even this would help now that it looks like Bowe may be the real deal. Giving the D more than one dimension to focus on is the key here and if the line can learn to create a hole once in a while, we may not be far off from getting things together.

On a side note, I hope that after the *** chewin that LJ and Huard gave the coaches, maybe the play calling will change a little!

Exactly! Spreading the defense could do wonders for the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Exactly! Spreading the defense could do wonders for the running game.
    Especially considering LJ is a power-back. We can leave the argument as to whether he is any good to another thread, the fact is whether you like him or not, you can admit running over people is more in his skill set than running around them. The fewer the people, the better the results...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Especially considering LJ is a power-back. We can leave the argument as to whether he is any good to another thread, the fact is whether you like him or not, you can admit running over people is more in his skill set than running around them. The fewer the people, the better the results...
    Good to see you're paying attention Joe lover.

If other teams are scared of our other weapons they will respect them and double cover them leaving less men in the box.

(I loved Joe too.)

Exactly! Priest Holmes he is not.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast