Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: 1st round pick

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default 1st round pick


    0 Not allowed!
    IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.

    Im not 100% sure what they should do but this could be a start.

    I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I just reeeaaalllyyy hope we don't draft a guy thirteen places ahead of what he should be again.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  3. #22
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    the reason i say we had the perfect setup with LJ is because we cut him, let him clear waivers and we are STILL paying his 2 million... What we should have done is reduced his carries and let jamaal take more.

    LJ could still power it in the gut and jamaal could get our running game going more with stretching it out, and also not take the pounding he is now... cuz honestly i don't know if he will make it till the end of teh season.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    the reason i say we had the perfect setup with LJ is because we cut him, let him clear waivers and we are STILL paying his 2 million... What we should have done is reduced his carries and let jamaal take more.

    LJ could still power it in the gut and jamaal could get our running game going more with stretching it out, and also not take the pounding he is now... cuz honestly i don't know if he will make it till the end of teh season.
    The only problem with that scenario is, when LJ ain't happy; LJ don't run. LJ was NOT happy here.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  5. #24
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    qb? we need to worry about o-line and defensive secondary if we can fix that we should be ok? i want some input on this what does everyone think?

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    The only problem with that scenario is, when LJ ain't happy; LJ don't run. LJ was NOT happy here.
    Exactly.

    It doesn't matter what he does in cincy. In kansas city, he was all washed up.

    they're better off taking a guy like Anthony Dixon, Jonathan Dwyer or Daniel Thomas (god help me, a Wildcat).

    Somebody they can get in the fourth round to share the load.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brockmcmanis View Post
    qb? we need to worry about o-line and defensive secondary if we can fix that we should be ok? i want some input on this what does everyone think?
    Offensive line is the #1 priority for this off season, as far as I'm concerned. With Brian waters and Branden Albert, we have two guys on the team worth keeping. The rest of them can go play elsewhere, or repair phones or whatever.

    Defensive backs are also up there in the "to do" list.

    I'm interested to see how Dorsey and Jackson will play on the line next year, but we need a major upgrade at NT. Tank Tyler was playing well, so we had to cut him.

    Other things for the wish list: a power back, a speedy WR with hands made of glue, and a scary-fast OLB pass rusher to play opposite Hali.

    jb

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think we should trade down with someone. Get a few extra picks.
    Then use our first round for an OL, then a second round for a saftey.

    First, we move Albert back to his natural position and who we draft stick right next to him. Give Cassel superior protect on his back side.

    Sense we traded down, we receive a later 1st round pick and a third round pick from who ever.

    We use the second round pick from ATL, being as we lost our own second round pick with Cassel and Vrabel, to pick a saftey to take over for Mike Brown. Next year we will have Page back.

    I would like to see our first 3rd round pick to pick up WR Danario Alexander, I like this kid, he looks good. Nice big and physical reciver. I don't see Chambers lasting many more years here. The our second 3rd round pick, we should get either another OL or get a RB.

    We have alot holes to fill and we need the draft to help.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Offensive line is the #1 priority for this off season, as far as I'm concerned. With Brian waters and Branden Albert, we have two guys on the team worth keeping. The rest of them can go play elsewhere, or repair phones or whatever.

    I do not see any scenario that does not have us addressing OL heavily this off season. Even Waters is getting old and will soon be thinking of retiring, even if he comes back next year. He will get tired of losing, he has already made grumblings that he wants out.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I do not see any scenario that does not have us addressing OL heavily this off season. Even Waters is getting old and will soon be thinking of retiring, even if he comes back next year. He will get tired of losing, he has already made grumblings that he wants out.
    Agreed- I can't see Waters wanting to hang around to do this for too many more seasons.

    I was hopeful for a few of the guys we picked up in the offseason, but every one of them has turned out to have revealed why their original teams were willing to let them go. It's because they suck.

    jb

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    for receiver i'm not sure if he is going to declare the draft this year or go back to school, but if he comes to the draft i want Austin Pettis from BSU. I live in Boise and watched all the games this kid plays and he is a very very good receiver.

    6'3, 201 lbs, he is pretty quick not a burner but the kid has hands of glue, runs very very good routes and gets open. And i think he would be there at a late round pick, possibly 5th rounder.

    If we want a burner we can get Titus Young from BSU, very good punt/kick return, very dangerous at that and very fast... His hands aren't as consistent as pettis but he's a little smaller and extremely fast, if he gets open nobody is catching him. he would probably even a later round pick potential

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Derrick Johnson available for a mid-round pick
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:22 AM
  2. 1st Round Pick - QB?
    By RockRocks787 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
  3. We need a sexy 1st round pick
    By Nel Toille in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 01:26 AM
  4. Dolphins shopping Taylor for a first round pick!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 04:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •