Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 1st round pick

Default 1st round pick

IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.

Im not 100% sure what they should do but this could be a start.

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I won't speculate on free agents because I think it's impossible to. If we could get Wilfork somehow, I would do cartwheels. I think Marshall without a doubt re-signs with the Broncos.

I have to be honest. If we miss out on both Berry and Okung, I'm going to be sweating. McCoy is an incredible talent, but I don't personally think he fits into our scheme/needs at all. Way too small to play nose tackle.

I was typing out my mock draft and realized it's pretty much exactly the same as the Walter Football one.

1. Russell Okung, LT (Oklahoma State) - I think the Lions pass on an OT yet again.
    2a. Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M) - Need a pass rusher opposite Hali
    2b. Brandon Spikes, ILB (Florida)
    3. SS or C
    4. Mitch Petrus, OG (Arkansas) - Waters eventual replacement
    5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB (Oregon)
    5b. Trindon Holliday, KR/PR (LSU) - Take some pressure off of Charles in the return game with the soon to be smallest player in the NFL.
    6. Best CB Available

The main issue is that there is nobody I like as a nose tackle prospect in this entire class. Cody is a slob. I like Dan Williams, but he's reportedly been losing crazy weight and prefers to play at about 310 lbs now. I want a guy with incredible strength in the 325-350 range. Hopefully some free agent is out there to help out until we find a long-term solution. Or, hopefully we somehow snatch Wilfork away from Belichick after he franchise tags him.
    Don't see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Don't see this happening.
    Had they not switched back to a 4-3 scheme this year, I think it may have been possible. They drafted 330 lb Ron Brace in the 2nd round last year.

Ah well.. maybe next year the next Ted Washington will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Had they not switched back to a 4-3 scheme this year, I think it may have been possible. They drafted 330 lb Ron Brace in the 2nd round last year.

Ah well.. maybe next year the next Ted Washington will be available.

Well buddy, anything is possible I guess.

Well I think that a man name Suh would look very good in a Chiefs Uniform next season, but probably will not be there when we draft. He is with out a doubt, the best player in the upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well I think that a man name Suh would look very good in a Chiefs Uniform next season, but probably will not be there when we draft. He is with out a doubt, the best player in the upcoming draft.
    He is the best player in the draft and will most likely be chosen number one over all. Depending on if he is in the 2010 draft which CBS Sportsline has said he will, Adrian Clayborn is also a very well rounded DE that could make our 3-4 D work better. He is big ,strong and fast with great pass rushing skills as well as rushing pursuit. We should be discussing Oline as we have a bigger need there to be honest. Mike johnson from Alabama is a nice pick at 6-6 305 can get the job done. NFL coachs can teach him to be better than he is at his size could be a wall in front of Cassell and also for JC to run by.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Maybe we can trade for him...but who?

Suh is a great player, but he plays a position that we've drafted 1st the past two years...

Too bad we didn't take Raji last year for NT and somehow get Suh this year. Our front 3 would be godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Maybe we can trade for him...but who?
    Only DLine guy Chiefs have worth trading for Suh is Jackson but, I doubt we even look that direction. D needs Safeties and LBs. OLine is needed more than D right now. Lots of tv guys are talking like KC will pick a RB in the upcoming draft with no faith in JC , not that I agree but it depends on who is available when we pick.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456