Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st round pick

Hybrid View

Default 1st round pick

IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.

Im not 100% sure what they should do but this could be a start.

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!
    It's too early to give up on Cassel and we have too many other needs to worry about a QB now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    It's too early to give up on Cassel and we have too many other needs to worry about a QB now.
    Like the O-line.......

Like the O-line.......
    Yes, Ol,DB,Saftey, LB, WR and RB.

Too much invested in Cassel to give another QB a huge contract.

I don't believe that any of the 2010 draft class QB´s can do better than Cassel with our O-line, I really like Okung or maybe Rolando McClain for our first pick ... or maybe Berry. So many needs ... =(

i would take Okung or Berry at this point....Berry first. An Ed Reed or Polamalu esque player would do wonders for this defense, and thats what he is supposed to be... it may change come April, and with our current OLine sitch, i certainly wouldnt mind to see us take an O Lineman with our first round choice... but a QB? cmon, even with our second pick, for the reasons listed already, that would be a mistake... it is unfair to judge anyone on this season alone imo, coaches included...

edit: except for Tim Krumrie, get him out... we need our D-Line to have better results, they get pushed around every year...

I like Berry first, even though im not convinced that Cassel is the Man to lead.

Berry for sure here as well, then Okung. Flowers needs to stop ending up 1 on 1 with his man 50 yards downfield. Berry would punish teams for going deep.

I just made a thread days ago saying we should use our extra 2nd to pick up a qb, but even if Cassel does okay we should he's almost 28 years old, he has maybe what 5 years left if that the amount of sacks he gets, we could pick up a good QB in the draft and have him learn the system well and let him be mentored.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast