Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1st round pick

Default 1st round pick

IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.

Im not 100% sure what they should do but this could be a start.

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I just made a thread days ago saying we should use our extra 2nd to pick up a qb, but even if Cassel does okay we should he's almost 28 years old, he has maybe what 5 years left if that the amount of sacks he gets, we could pick up a good QB in the draft and have him learn the system well and let him be mentored.
    5 Years would be a long time for a guy to sit on the sideline. I think QB is one of the least postions that the Chiefs need to draft at this point. Ol and any one who can help with the pass rush thats what they need to look at in the draft IMO

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    5 Years would be a long time for a guy to sit on the sideline. I think QB is one of the least postions that the Chiefs need to draft at this point. Ol and any one who can help with the pass rush thats what they need to look at in the draft IMO
    Im not saying that he needs to sit for 5 years, but that's all Cassel has if he is good, this is all a game of chance Cassel might not work out, and we trade him 3 years in then what? Or he might start for the next 5 years, and take us to the superbowl, but we have a solid backup either way we win Cassel sat on the bench for what 3 years, so did Rich Gannon, Trent was 4 years, so 5 isn't a crazy amount of time, but that wasn't what I meant.

Boy what a genius idea! Draft a quarterback after trading away your second round pick for one, and then giving him a six year deal!

Such brilliant thinking reminds me of the stalwarts of strategy that got this team to perennial losers.

Carl? Is that you? Did Bill Kuharich tell you this was a good idea? Maybe we should trade all of our picks for that Tebow kid.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Yes, Ol,DB,Saftey, LB, WR and RB.
    IMO Jamaal Charles is good enouph to lead the running game.

Although with Kolby smith out for once again, the rest of the season maybe we do need a good solid Rookie RB like charles was last year. (and yes I do think he wasa good last year)

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post

Although with Kolby smith out for once again, the rest of the season maybe we do need a good solid Rookie RB like charles was last year. (and yes I do think he wasa good last year)

Kolby is doing very well but he is not and will not be a every down back. Just watching the games since he has taken over you can tell he is getting beat up and is starting to show it... He gets up slow from plays and doesn't have the pep he once did.
    We had it perfect with LJ and Jamaal we just needed to fix the line and let JC run the ball abit more to mix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ;[B
    169468]Kolby is doing very well but he is not and will not be a every down back. Just watching the games since he has taken over you can tell he is getting beat up[/B] and is starting to show it... He gets up slow from plays and doesn't have the pep he once did.
    We had it perfect with LJ and Jamaal we just needed to fix the line and let JC run the ball abit more to mix it up.
    Just what I was thinking.

--You really think JC and LJ were a good match?

Just what I was thinking.

--You really think JC and LJ were a good match?
    I do not!
    Kolby showed a lot of promise, but he is done, he has gotten hurt to many times and RB's do not have much time to prove themselves worthy of keeping, maybe he will be, but I do not think he will be a Chief next season. JC can be very good, but dangit he needs to build up his arms and grip, so he doe'snt fumble!!!! We also need a TR type of FB. That is my thoughts, which are not maybe worth allot but they are mine.

How about if we draft a backup QB in the sixth round, like normal people do?

Not that I even really support that idea. But it is far better than throwing a 2nd round pick out ther for a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    How about if we draft a backup QB in the sixth round, like normal people do?

Not that I even really support that idea. But it is far better than throwing a 2nd round pick out ther for a backup.
    Technically, we throu a 2nd rounder out there for a backup last spring.

zing!

We have a backup. His name is Brodie Croyle. He's the perfect backup, too. He's got a good arm, has some experience, but he won't be a starter because he can't take the wear and tear. the perfect candidate.

we definitely need a big, punishing running back to complement Jamaal charles, but you don't spend a first rounder on that. First of all, running backs just aren't good investments. they wear down too quickly.

And before everyone says "Adrian Peterson!!!" let me just say that AP is a freak, an anomaly, and maybe one of the best of all time. He also hasn't made it through a season without injury.

Some other first round running backs:

beanie wells - injury.
    ronnie brown - injury
    cadillac williams - injury
    darren macfadden - injury
    donald brown - injury
    lawrence maroney - injury and sucks
    cedric benson - dropped from team that drafted him.
    LJ - injury.

there are much better values to be had in later rounds. You can pick up a running back in the third that has all the tools you want, but doesn't have 1st round speed. that's fine. you don't need him to run forty yards, just 4.6.

We could EASILY spend our first three picks on offensive line, and it wouldn't be wasted.

Of course, with the 31st ranked defense in the league and the likely 5th overall pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go defense again.

Jamaal would be good enough, but he just can't take the pounding. We absolutely have to get a power back. Preferably a lower round pick, since all I want is a guy who can read where the holes are, and to get that short yardage in such situations.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast