Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Default What's wrong with this picture?

I'm taking the week of Christmas off work. I've been spending this entire week and will be doing the same next week training my supervisor to do my job.
    Does anyone else think this is strange. She has NO IDEA how to do what I do each day!!
    and..........she ISN'T picking it up very quickly at all!!!!

Just venting!!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Yep...something is definitely wrong when a Supervisor doesn't know how to do the job of an employee under them. How can she 'supervise' if she doesn't know the jobs of those she supervises? haha

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Well after being a manager, I can say that it is actually a different animal. I know that employees always think for them to be properly managed, their manager needs to be able to do their jobs, but actually, that is backwards thinking.

A good CEO that is running a car company, does not need to know how to put an engine in the car for instance. A direct superviser, at least a good one, does not need to know how to put that engine in a car either, but what he does need to know how to do it motivate people and support their people to be successful.

I know it sounds odd to many people, but the sooner you grasp that concept, the sooner you will be able to be that person that does not know how to do the job you are supervising, and face it, being the worker bee is not where the money is!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    I'm taking the week of Christmas off work. I've been spending this entire week and will be doing the same next week training my supervisor to do my job.
    Does anyone else think this is strange. She has NO IDEA how to do what I do each day!!
    and..........she ISN'T picking it up very quickly at all!!!!

Just venting!!!
    It just tells me that there are three answers, 1 your supervisor has other responsibilities that prevent knowing your job, and how you do it, 2 your supervisor came from different department, 3 your supervisor is a dumb *** that was given the position because of dumb asses higher up, who do not know how things work at that level, so we must teach the ones who make more than us!

Job security, teach nothing to the boss! Make everything sound harder than it is!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-12-2009 at 02:29 AM.

What do you do?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Default my job

I work in the accounting office of a very large plumbing company.
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    It just tells me that there are three answers, 1 your supervisor has other responsibilities that prevent knowing your job, and how you do it, 2 your supervisor came from different department, 3 your supervisor is a dumb *** that was given the position because of dumb asses higher up, who do not know how things work at that level, so we must teach the ones who make more than us!

Job security, teach nothing to the boss! Make everything sound harder than it is!
    HA! Good one!