Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Brodie a chance

Default Give Brodie a chance

let me start by saying, I originally gave Brodie a chance, but after awhile I started not to like him, he was a gunslinger and a bad one. He had the arm but he didn't have the accuracy, on screens he threw the ball way too hard which ended up bouncing off a rb or wr's hands. He threw a lot of interceptions and got hurt a lot, so I kind of wrote him off. Thigpen came along, and he wasn't a traditionally good qb, but he completed passes, had a better touch, and fought his *** of. To me he saved the 2008 season for me thank you Thigpen. We got rid of Thigpen and maybe it's a good reason, he wasn't a long term fix he was a bandage. Since then I have seen Croyle play a couple games, and he looked more patient, he listened to what he was told and executed, and he looked and acted tougher. In his game with the Ravens here were his stats: 66.7 completion rate that's 16 out of 24 177 yards 7.4 average 2 TD and 0 interceptions those are really good stats against a good pass defense. The only reason he didn't have more yards, is because it's when we had LJ and we wanted to run the hell out of him even though he did nothing, and he didn't even know the system because he wasn't the starter. In the game Brodie also was sacked 3 times, and didn't break. Here's the thing I am not a negative person, if you look at most of my post they are positive towards the Chiefs, I am just tired of having bad QB's, if Cassel came in and was awesome I would love the guy I don't hate Cassel as a human being and wish no ill will to him, but he has not been playing good in fact he has been completing just over 50 percent of his passes which is horrible. Give Brodie a chance, what's the worse then that's going to happen, if he does bad and Cassel comes back pissed and does great, then great, or what if Brodie comes and kills it then great.I wanna win and be winners, and if something is not working then change it. Heres another thread I thought was very good as well Is it Time...for a QB*Change? - Arrowhead Pride

I like Brodie and was, and still am a Brodie Supporter. However, what does it say to the fans and the public when you bench your newly aquired "franchise QB" that our new GM brought in? I dont think he can afford to lose the fans this early, and thats just what benching Cassel before the season is up would do. He cant afford to let us know that he made a bad decision in trading for him and paying him all that money. That says alot about your GMs decision making right there. As far as on the field, I think Cassel should at least finish out the season as starter especially since our schedule is alot friendlier these last couple games. With Bowe coming back against cleveland and our o-line playing a little better lately I think Cassel will finish alot better than what he has been playing...If he finishes out the season questionable, I would like to see Brodie competing for the job next season. If it doesnt work out with Cassel, his contract is front loaded so we cant do something with him and take minimal cap hit. I do think Brodie has matured alot in the NFL and has played well this season the limited time we did see him. (except on the fake punt >:|)We have to worry about re signing Brodie after this season, before we talk about him being in our future plans though...

Dude how many Brodie Croyle threads are you going to make? I like Brodie, particularly his arm strength, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get another chance, but he's proven that he's way too injury prone to be a franchise guy. He's a solid backup.

Ya cuz he has been impressive for the last couple years!! He was benched remember.....

haha I just noticed that. Dude...your other Brodie thread is just 3 topics down. Relax...

I like Brodie and Thank he can be a good QB. That being said I still fell that its to early to give up on Cassel. We paid him alot of money. To much not to give him the chance to prove himself. I think Brodie could do just as good. but I just think its to early to give up on cassle.

Absolutely not gonna happen. I'm glad they are sticking with cassel.

Brodie, been there done that, I think we traded the wrong QB, unfortunately Brodie was probably not worth as much as Thigpen.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Brodie has his chance, for 3 years now. The only thing he does better is he has a quicker release than most QB's and against Cassel, he gets rid of the ball instead of taking the sack. I still wonder why the hell he has a job.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I like Brokie, I think he is great, he has a wonderful back ground and story that can make you want to root for him to succeeded, but he needs to be Brodie, and not brokie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast