Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: to the person comparing trent green vs cassel read this

Default to the person comparing trent green vs cassel read this

Trent Green

Your right cassel won't be the next green he will be better then green. Like i said that post was the stupidest post i have ever seen in my life. Trent green threw more interceptions then he did td's in his first season with the chiefs and he had better weapons to work with then cassel does. Not trying to put anyone down but when people post comparing one person to another make sure your facts are straight.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I want stupid to come back from his suspension and open things up by drawing double coverage. That will open things up for Chambers and others in the passing game.

I want us to keep taking shots down the field to loosen things up as well.

I don't believe Cassel is that bad. When we're not winning, and have such glaring problems as our O-line has, it's easy to get negative about a whole lot of things.
    I agree!

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last if I am, haha...but...I tend to think that part of Cassel's problem currently is 'frustration'.

I think he might be pressuring himself too much now...considering our record & nearing the end of the season. I think due to his negative experience with our weak O-line, receivers dropping balls, or letting them go through their hands, caught passes being brought back due to penalities...he's just frustrated overall and trying too hard to make something happen with what he knows he has to work with.

Possibly too many factors are on his mind at once that shouldn't and wouldn't be with a more experienced & competent team behind him. He has good reason to doubt the competence of his team-mates, and it's clouding his judgement with trying to make something happen, win a game somehow.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The best the O Line has played all of this year has been the past couple of weeks. I tend to believe that it's partially due to the fact that Haley isn't rotating and demoting and signing and promoting, etc...... I think they are starting to get used to each other and hopefully they'll keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    That!

Déjà vu!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Déjà vu!
    okay

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Déjà vu!
    Yeah you can say that again.

Cassel has no offensive coordinator or qb coach to help him get through games. Just Haley screaming at him from down one. Who's to blame for that? Its just a bad situation for any qb to be in - especially a young qb on a new team.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Trent Green

Your right cassel won't be the next green he will be better then green. Like i said that post was the stupidest post i have ever seen in my life. Trent green threw more interceptions then he did td's in his first season with the chiefs and he had better weapons to work with then cassel does. Not trying to put anyone down but when people post comparing one person to another make sure your facts are straight.
    Your insane the Chiefs had horrible WR's when Green played in 2001, Morton for instance was one of our best and he sucked and he didn't even play that season, we didn't pick up kennison until game 9 or 10 after he was cut from denver. Who were our big weapons you speak of,Trent's only weapon was TG who is a best but when he is being doubled up all day it gets difficult. Cassel has Bowe (he's out right now but he had him), Chambers for about 4 games now, Jamaal Charles is an awesome WR, Pope has made some good plays, I honestly think wade is just a good as Morten, Lance Long is pretty good, and Mark Bradley was great last year but is not being utilized this year. Plus Cassel is starting to do something now that was his only positive for not doing, throwing interceptions he has 13td's and 13 interceptions, not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Your insane the Chiefs had horrible WR's when Green played in 2001, Morton for instance was one of our best and he sucked and he didn't even play that season, we didn't pick up kennison until game 9 or 10 after he was cut from denver. Who were our big weapons you speak of,Trent's only weapon was TG who is a best but when he is being doubled up all day it gets difficult. Cassel has Bowe (he's out right now but he had him), Chambers for about 4 games now, Jamaal Charles is an awesome WR, Pope has made some good plays, I honestly think wade is just a good as Morten, Lance Long is pretty good, and Mark Bradley was great last year but is not being utilized this year. Plus Cassel is starting to do something now that was his only positive for not doing, throwing interceptions he has 13td's and 13 interceptions, not so good.

I am not insane he had the same wide receiving corps the next year. Aka as johnny morton and eddie kennison and there offense was awesome. No I am not insane and i still think cassel will be fine once he gets a descent group around him that can CATCH a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yeah you can say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    I am not insane he had the same wide receiving corps the next year. Aka as johnny morton and eddie kennison and there offense was awesome. No I am not insane and i still think cassel will be fine once he gets a descent group around him that can CATCH a ball.
    Read my post again Morton did not play until his second year and kennison only played 6 games. I still think Cassel wr core is better then what Trent had name one good WR trent had for the whole season of 2001 devard darling would look like a start on that roster

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast